I'm already over on the other side waiting on my brand new body

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
RightlyDivided

Post by RightlyDivided » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:05 am

I remember the Thren Family sang a song in the late 70's with the following lyrics:

I'm sittin up there in heavenly fair on the right hand of the Father
With my citizenship in heaven, I'm living in Christ you see
I'm already there in Jesus just waiting on my body to be

Well if youve been frettin or thinking about quittin or fainting by the way
you've already passed from death to life so brother you might as well stay
you have no lost your faith in Christ, in Him you do abide
He's made us more than conquerers, I'm living on the other side

Does anyone know how to get a CD of the song, author or the sheet music?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:57 am

I`m looking for this song to.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 pm

you can goto face book they have a page. maybe they can help

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Over on the other side

youtube. you will find the song, but the singer is thick in ancient, hard to understand the words. if you can tell the words, please post them.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I love that song!!!
I sang it at camp,graduation and at home.
I even got the other verses for this song too.
thanks for posting it ,it was a great reminder for me :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:34 pm

ALLREADY OVER ON THE OTHER SIDE.

Well I`m already over on the other side waiting for my brand new body, Sitting up there in the Heavenly fair, on the right hand side of the Father, with my citizenship up in Heaven, I`m living in Christ you see, yes I`m already over on the other side waiting for my body to be.

I took a look in the old black book, and it thrilled me through and through, if you`v been saved, and born again it`s bound to thrill you to, well I`v was reading along, about going home, and found to my surprise, why I`m already there in Jesus living on the other side.

let the heathen rage, come what may, none can bother me, to this world I`m crucified in Christ on Calvary, in 3 whole days, there in the grave, with him I`v been baptized, so being then made dead to sin, living on the other side.

Yes well I`m already over on the other side waiting for my brand new body, Sitting up there in the Heavenly fair, on the right hand side of the Father, with my citizenship up in Heaven, I`m living in Christ you see, yes I`m already over on the other side waiting for my body to be.

Now if you a fretting and thing of quitting, or fainting along the way, and you already past from death to life, you`l just mightas well stay, the battles fought, the victory's won, it is finished was our Lords cry, hes made us more than conquerors, where living on the other side.

Yes well I`m already over on the other side waiting for my brand new body, Sitting up there in the Heavenly fair, on the right hand side of the Father, with my steamship up in Heaven, I`m living in Christ you see, yes I`m already over on the other side waiting for my body to be.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:41 pm

ALLREADY OVER ON THE OTHER SIDE.

Well I`m already over on the other side waiting for my brand new body, Sitting up there in the Heavenly fair, on the right hand side of the Father, with my citizenship up in Heaven, I`m living in Christ you see, yes I`m already over on the other side waiting for my body to be.

I took a look in the old black book, and it thrilled me through and through, if you`v been saved, and born again it`s bound to thrill you to, well I`v was reading along, about going home, and found to my surprise, why I`m already there in Jesus living on the other side.

let the heathen rage, come what may, none can bother me, to this world I`m crucified in Christ on Calvary, in 3 whole days, there in the grave, with him I`v been baptized, so being then made dead to sin, living on the other side.

Yes well I`m already over on the other side waiting for my brand new body, Sitting up there in the Heavenly fair, on the right hand side of the Father, with my citizenship up in Heaven, I`m living in Christ you see, yes I`m already over on the other side waiting for my body to be.

Now if you a fretting and thing of quitting, or fainting along the way, and you already past from death to life, you`l just mightas well stay, the battles fought, the victory's won, it is finished was our Lords cry, hes made us more than conquerors, where living on the other side.

Yes well I`m already over on the other side waiting for my brand new body, Sitting up there in the Heavenly fair, on the right hand side of the Father, with my steamship up in Heaven, I`m living in Christ you see, yes I`m already over on the other side waiting for my body to be.

My name is Anthony J Rossetti. I posted this for all that love this song. you can find my on myyearbook.com hears the link. http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cm ... M0MDQzMzM2

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:35 am

The John Marshall family sings it.
skylarstrickland

Post by skylarstrickland » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm

This song is called "The Old Black Book".

The Thren Family now has a website, where y'all can go for more information, recordings, MP3 samples, lyrics, etc.

www.threnfamilymusic.com

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:08 pm

The first time I heard this was the Threns in the 80's. I sort of grew up around them as we all traveled the same church meeting circuits. My family and I started singing it at meetings in the late 80's.

Here are the lyrics:
The Old Black Book

I took a look in the old black book
and it thrilled me through and through!
and if you've been saved and born again,
It's bound to thrill you too!
I was reading along about going home and I found to my surprise
I'm already there in Jesus just waitin on the other side!

Chorus:
I'm already over on the other side, waiting on a brand new body!
I'm sittin up there in the heavenly fair on the right hand of the Father!
With my citizenship in heaven, I'm living in Christ you see;
I'm already there in Jesus just waitin on the body to be!

Well if you've been threatened, thinkin about quittin
Be thankful right away!
You've already passed from death to life
So brother you might as well stay!
You have not lost your faith in Christ,
In Him do you abide, He's made us more than conquerors
we're waitin on the other side!

Chorus.

I now sing this with my kids, and hopefully soon in our church. It is a wonderful song and easy to remember.