Lyrics to I'm ready to go

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2009 4:56 am

Need lyrics to this song I'm ready to go when he calls my name i'll fly. I'm ready to go. I think it is by the kingsmen

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 am

The only time i heard this song was when a group from MO came to TN and sang. They were a mother-daughter group. That song touched my heart, i would love to hear them sing it again!
Master's Harmony

Re: Lyrics to I'm ready to go

Post by Master's Harmony » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:57 am

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 am The only time i heard this song was when a group from MO came to TN and sang. They were a mother-daughter group. That song touched my heart, i would love to hear them sing it again!

That mother-daughter group was my mother and grandmother! They enjoyed worshipping with you all in Tennessee. They sing every Sunday in our church in Scott City, MO. The title of the song is I'm Ready To Go, and it is by the Carolina Boys, and the lyrics are as follows:

Verse 1:
It all started with a promise that one day the son of God would come again
And within me it fanned a fire, and I'm waiting now for Jesus to descend

Chorus:
I'm ready to go when He calls my name I'll fly
I'm ready to go and I'll leave this world behind
It may be morning, night, or noon
Oh He just can't come too soon
Because I know, I know I'm ready to go

Verse 2:
Well I won't worry about tomorrow
if He doesn't come today I won't lose faith
I'm gonna keep on hoping, gonna keep on believing for that moment when we'll all be called away

Repeat chorus to the end

God bless you all!