I went down on my knees a sinner and came up a child of God

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I went down on my knees a sinner and came up a child of God , I went down on my and I had a talk with Jesus I told him all the wrongs I done and about the paths I trod

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Laura Bohannan wrote the song

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I went on my knees a sinner

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:55 pm

I Went on my Knees A Sinner-----Written By: Laura Bohannon

Verse 1. For years I walked the same ole road, no one seemed to share my load, of guilt and shame, from sin and strife, that was weighing my soul down; then one night on my knees in prayer, I gave my heart to Jesus there, I went on my knees a sinner, but I came up a child of God.

Cho. Yes, I went down on my knees, and I had a talk with Jesus, I told him all the deeds I'd done, about the path I'd trod; I opened up my heart to him, he saved and gave me peace within, I went on my knees a sinner, but I came up a child of God.

Verse 2. I lived my life as though I knew that time would never end, and nothing that my eyes looked on, did I keep from them; sin shackles held my soul so bound, til hoped seemed lost, until I found, I went on my knees a sinner, but I came up a child of God.

Post by Guest » Tue May 01, 2012 10:28 pm

this song is sang by the lighthouse messengers

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:30 pm

the Villines brothers sang this song for years after sister Laura wrote it.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 pm

chords to this song? anyone?
pattyn

Post by pattyn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:31 pm

I would like to see the music.....where can I find it?
Judy Carr

Post by Judy Carr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:55 pm

For chords visit: Chordify.com add name of song and get results!
I have their app also.
God Bless!
georget77

Re: I went down on my knees a sinner and came up a child of God

Post by georget77 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:16 am

I really enjoyed this piece. Is there a site that has the lyrics and chords??????
Guest wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:55 pm I Went on my Knees A Sinner-----Written By: Laura Bohannon

Verse 1. For years I walked the same ole road, no one seemed to share my load, of guilt and shame, from sin and strife, that was weighing my soul down; then one night on my knees in prayer, I gave my heart to Jesus there, I went on my knees a sinner, but I came up a child of God.

Cho. Yes, I went down on my knees, and I had a talk with Jesus, I told him all the deeds I'd done, about the path I'd trod; I opened up my heart to him, he saved and gave me peace within, I went on my knees a sinner, but I came up a child of God.

Verse 2. I lived my life as though I knew that time would never end, and nothing that my eyes looked on, did I keep from them; sin shackles held my soul so bound, til hoped seemed lost, until I found, I went on my knees a sinner, but I came up a child of God.