i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 am

Where can I buy the CD ot the Three rusty Nails?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:31 am

Did anyone ever find music only version of three rusty nails about the old shop owner

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 am

thank you for finding this song three old rusty nails
karla

Post by karla » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 pm

With three rusty nails, they nailed Jesus to the tree. The sun turned to darkness on that day. Twas the day that Jesus died and the blood flowed from his side. The blood that washed my sins away. Jesus cried forgive them Lord for they know not what they do. For they have strayed so far, far away. With three old rusty nails they took Jesus' precious blood; the blood that washed my sins away. They laughed as He cried. Soldiers pierced his naked side, and His Father turned His face away. They drove the nails so deep, spilled His blood, and made Him weep. The blood that washed my sins away. The blood that washed my sins away.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Rev Lewis Harrah wrote the Three Rusty Nails and Jimmie Davis recorded it he died a few years back
DCrews

Post by DCrews » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:58 pm

F The Three Nails
Lewis Harrah - Jimmie Davis
Copyright: 1970

Verse: 1
With Three Rust - y nails,
They nailed Je'- sus to the tree
The sun turned to dark - ness on that day;
/
"Twas day that Je'- sus died,
And the blood flowed from His side,
The blood that washed my sins a - way.

Verse: 2
Je' - sus cried' forgive them Lord,
For they know not what they do
For they have stayed so far far a - way;
/
With three old rust - y nails,
They took Je'- sus pre - cious blood,

Verse: 3
They laughed as He cried,
Sol - diers pierced His na - ked side
And His Fa - ther turned His face a - way.
/
They drove the nails so deep,
Spilled His blood and made Him weep,

This is from the Jimmy Davis Book.

DCrews

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:04 am

I am looking for the sheet music for Three Rusty Nails Easter Song by the Shiloh Quartet, I have the Lyrics.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm

most of the lyrics are right for Three Rusty Nails by Jimmy Davis but there are some corrections needed. I have the record . This song is all recited until the very end and you sing the last part.
This is a story of long ago of a man who owned a little store.As he told it I was mighty proud to have my name above the door.This took place oh some two thousands years ago as I recall in a little place called Jerusalem across the street from Pilots hall.
The part were he asked him what he needs goes "I'd like to buy some big big nails"
and when he asked what he is going to do with the nails goes "But sir, What can you do with just three old rusty spike nails? Did you ever hear of a man called Jesus the Nazarene? You mean the one who goes about doing good?I asked. Yes,That's the One. Well today I intend to show the world who's boss for with these three old rusty nails I'm going to nail Jesus to the cross. I stood there numb, you'll never know how I felt. Please sir don't do that I begged, as on my knees I fell. Please sir, I'll buy them back but he just grinned and turned and walked away and in the distance I could hear the angry mob as the tears filled my eyes. Away with him! crucify him! I could hear their angry cries. And over the noise and the groans of agony I could still hear the pounding of the hammer as that big ole roman soldier nailed Jesus to a tree."
and then you sing
"With three rusty nails they nailed Jesus to a tree, the sun turned to darkness on that day. Twas the day that Jesus died and the blood flowed from His side the blood that washed my sins away.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:50 am

I sang this song with my church youth group my 8th grade year in Kingston, OK. Somewhere I still have the sheet music with the story.
wjhicks89

Re: i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

Post by wjhicks89 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:25 pm

Guest wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm I'm looking for the same title. But not these this version. I heard a singer and performer one day. Her name is Judy Phyfe, and she composed a song in her own way. I've been trying to locate her sheet music so I also could do this in my church I go to. Please if anyone out there heard it or knows the lyrics please let me know.