The Penless Stewart, Father In Heaven Thy Children Hear

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
holder273958

Post by holder273958 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:51 pm

This is an old song we sang in school back in 1947 I remember some of the words.They are.
Father in Heaven Thy children hear as They adoringly bow Oh Thou Almighty One Hear now our Prayer, Strengthen our faith with hope inspire our hearts Filling our souls with love

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:12 am

THANK YOU!!! For this much of the lyric. I sang it at my jr. high graduation in 1968 or '69. It's a really GOOD graduation song. I want to relearn it but I cannot find the song as I am unsure of the actual title. Your additional lyrics may be really helpful!!!! again thanks..

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm

I sang it, too, as a boy soprano in the '40s. The music is the Largo from Georg Frederick Handel's Xerxes. Continues: Filling our souls with love like unto thine. Then shall all ........ (don't know), men shall proclaim, that Christ our Lord is God, God above, and Holy is His name, and holy is His name.
Phillip21

Re: The Penless Stewart, Father In Heaven Thy Children Hear

Post by Phillip21 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 pm

I have a copy of this song, and will shortly post it on IMSLP. It would be great to know who wrote the words!
Isla

Re: The Penless Stewart, Father In Heaven Thy Children Hear

Post by Isla » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:22 pm

This is the version I sang at school in Scotland

Father in Heaven Thy children hear as they adoring bow
Oh Thou Almighty One our weakness heed; strengthen our faith.
With hope inspire our hearts, flaming our souls with love, like into thine.
Then shall our works abound, men shall proclaim, that God our Lord is God alone
and Holy, Holy is His name, holy is His name.