Announcing HymnLyrics.Net for Classic Gospel Hymns

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I just launched a new site called HymnLyrics.Net. Yes, there are fifty gazillion hymn lyrics sites out there (including this one), but I figured one more couldn't hurt :)

One thing I noticed is that on the Hymn Lyrics Search Engine, a lot of people are looking for the old standards, classics like Amazing Grace and In The Garden. I wanted to set up a place where people could not only read the lyrics, but also get the guitar chords, look up Scriptural references, and (if the hymn is in the public domain) download free MIDI files and sheet music, all in one place.

My goal in putting up the site is to focus on quality rather than quantity. In other words, put up as much great information I could in one place about the most popular hymns in the world. As time permits, I'll also try to write a little bit about the history of some of the hymns and my reflections. One of my hopes is that others who have been touched by these hymns will also share their own reflections.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw the site up and see if it sticks :) The site is still in its very early stages, so feel free to write some comments on that site, especially suggestions on what "old classic" hymns you'd like to see added. I may be a little slow, but eventually I hope to get as many as I can up!

Of course NameThatHymn.Com is and always will be my "first love", so I'll continue (with the great community we have here) to look for lost hymn lyrics as well as maintain my daily vigilance of fighting off spammers :)

But take a look at HymnLyrics.Net and let me know what you think. If you like it, please share with your Facebook friends, your Twitter followers, and link to it on your blogs and Web sites if you can!

Thanks, and God bless!
Steve
colinsky

Post by colinsky » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:38 am

I love hymns I played at church in the late 60s like Breathe on me Breathe of God, Godhead hear in hiding. Wherever 2 or more meet in my name there is love. Soul of my Saviour. Also folky hymhs learnt in the mid seventies were Joy is like the Rain. They will know we are Christians by our love. Spirit of God (in the clear running water) and All that I Am.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 pm

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WORDS TO THE GOSPEL SONG: "MERCY MET GRACE" BY STEVEN WARREN.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS,
N. JOHNSON
Kathyb65

Post by Kathyb65 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 am

Steve, I clicked on the link to your site, but it takes me to NameThatHymn.com. I haven't been able to access your new site. Could you repost a link, please? Many thanks.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi Kathy,

Thanks so much for your message! I've actually been meaning to post an update, but got a little absent-minded until your message reminded me :)

I realized after hymnlyrics.net had been up for a few months on a separate URL that it made a lot more sense to consolidate it all on one site; after all, many of the people who use the two most-accessed features on NameThatHymn.com (the discussion forum and the search engine) are looking for classic Christian hymns.

So, I took the entire contents of that site and moved it to the "Classic Hymn" tab of NameThatHymn.com (which I'm continuing to update as time permits). I've also put redirects in place so that anyone going to the old URL is directed to the brand new site.

At the same time I also revived a little blog I wrote a couple years ago which had been sitting on another URL and moved that to the main site as well; most of the posts are a couple years old, but as time permits I'll write new ones :)

Sorry for the confusion as I try to figure out where everything belongs :) I hope consolidating everything like this helps everyone find what they need more easily.

God bless!
Steve
drp

Post by drp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 pm

need lyrics to look out heaven (here i come) by michael combs
mike4c4

Post by mike4c4 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:34 pm

hi im a new drummer and just wanted to know if there is any sheet music for drums out there. i know someone has had to make them.
mike4c4

Post by mike4c4 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:52 pm

sorry drums for church hyms

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 pm

I am SO proud of you!!! That is an awesome thing you are doing!! I am gonna get on it and spread the word. some of us old song lovers will be very thankful. Keep up the good work and I will help any way I can if you ask. Trish

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:54 pm

I just love the old hymns of the faith. My Pastor is a hymn phanatic so i don't think i will ever forget those hymns. Keep up the good work