Shut in with God - lyrics

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ellens

Post by ellens » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:29 am

I have a friend who has the words but is desperately looking for the music. Anyone who knows?
Please contact. Thanks

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 am

Hi , i recorded the music here and would like to download it here for everyone but dunno how to do it ??? anyone out there interested. just email me [email protected]

God Bless.
joyce
joycekay

Post by joycekay » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:44 am

Hi ellens, email me if you need the music....love

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 am

I'm so grateful to The Lord Jesus Christ that I've finally come along this beautiful hymn. I have been humming it in my heart but without knowing the lyrics for quite some time now. To God be all the glory..... for I long to be shut in with God.

May God bless you all

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:30 am

I was a part of the Move of God movement and we sang these songs together
In the Secret Place of the Most High from Psalm 91
In the Secret Place of the Most HIgh
In the Land where we never will die
Where the arrow by day does not hinder our way
In the Secret Place of the MOst HIgh

Ten thousand shall fall at your right hand
And a thousand fall down at your side
But it shall not come nigh unto thee My Son
In the Secret Place of the MOst High
with out stopping or hesitating we would start singing
Shut in with God in the Secret Place
Here in the Spirit beholding Your Face
Gaining new power to run in the race
I long to be shut in with God
We would sing both of these as if they were one song over and over again
very blessed time of praise when sining these songs. I played the guitar and often led worship with these two songs - and then as the Spirit moved we would go into another song. I loved the praise services of the Move of God . God Bless you all and thanks for all of this sharing - these songs were running through these songs this evening - a Rhema/Word of God to me. Love and bless you all
skeyser

Post by skeyser » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:35 pm

I want to buy the music copy for Shut in With God. I only remember the tune for the chorus. A photo copy will do.

[email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:00 am

Thank you so much for the lyrics. On Monday the 20th of Aug 2012, at 6:00 a.m. while sitting in my lawn chair praying and meditating on The Lord and His will for today, the words of this song began to stir my heart. Over and over, I sang the chorus, not remembering the verses. You see, Carolyn, my lovely wife of twenty nine and one half years went to be with the Lord on Dec 13 th 2011 where she is truly "shut in with God." At age 70, I,m finding more time to be shut in with God and to minister to the seniors at the center for seniors each day. Thanks again for the Lyrics and God bless you. kelloy @yahoo.com

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:24 pm

hisword2me (says) There are many beautiful choruses and hymns from as the youngsters call - THE OLD DAYS - that have much meaning and depth in the words. It's a shame that some of these modern worship leaders don't seek out some of the elderly and ask them to share some of them that they can remember.

There was a beautiful chorus that I had heard and learned at a chrurch convention (as they were called many years ago), and all I can remember is a small part of it that went: I will sing for you - dance for you - lift my hands in praise to you; These are expressions of my love - - - - - - - The church was in Merino, CO., and the pastor Wayne Kirschbaum, has long since passed away. But that chorus just melted my heart.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:20 pm

This song is copyrighted and written by Everett W. Sugg (rest in peace) of Fort Worth Texas. He attended the Gospel Assembly church from 1953 until his passing in 1999. I am his son, and watcher of copyright violations. You may sing it as much as you want.....BUT, don't try to record it (it's so costly). Ron Sugg

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 am

My bad. This is NOT the same song I was thinking about. I finally saw the verses . So, just forget I was even here. Ron