Looking for title and singer of song.May be called Castles in the sand

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
seacastle

Post by seacastle » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 am

This song was sung on the radio by a woman around 10 years ago. I have been searching for it for a long time some of the lyrics are : Just like castles in the sand your world falls apart.You watch the tides of time erase the dreams of your heart but then you turn around and he's standing there and He beckons you to come. He's waiting to give you a love of your own. When you meet Jesus you'll know what love really is and until you meet Jesus there is no feeling like this. On you face will be his sunshine and in your heart will be his song and then you can say I've a love of my own. I would love to know the correct title and who sung it
Holyone

Post by Holyone » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 am

The name of the song is a love of my own. I used to have the lyrics in a notebook. I will try to find it and if i do i will post them for you. I recently moved and still have some unpacking to do. I can't remember who sang it originally but Tanya Goodman has a rendition of it on youtube.com. you can listen to it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FrJVg6bJ_U
Holyone

Post by Holyone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 pm

LOVE OF MY OWN

1. EVERYBODY DREAMS ABOUT FALLING IN LOVE, VISIONS OF RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINE ABOVE BUT WHEN MY RAINBOWS HAVE FADED, AND MY SUNSHINE WAS GONE, I WAS STILL SEARCHING FOR A LOVE OF MY OWN.
2. BUT THEN ONE DAY THIS STRANGER CAME AND HE CALLED OUT MY NAME AND EVER SINCE HIS GENTLE TOUCH I HAVE NOT BEEN THE SAME. HE REPLACED ALL MY DREAMS AND CHASING RAINBOWS, HE'LL PUT JOY IN YOUR HEART AND A LOVE OF MY OWN.

~CHORUS~ AND SINCE I MET JESUS I REALLY KNOW WHAT LOVE IS, UNTIL I MET JESUS THERE WAS NO FEELING LIKE THIS. ON MY FACE WILL BE HIS SUNSHINE, IN MY HEART WILL BE HIS SONG. THEN ICAN SAY I HAVE A LOVE OF MY OWN.

3. JUST LIKE CASTLES IN THE SAND, YOUR WORLD FALLS APART, YOU WATCH THE TIDES OF TIME, ERASE THE DREAMS OF YOUR HEART, BUT JUST TURN AROUND HE'S STANDING THERE AND HE BECKONS YOU TO COME. HE 'S WAITING TO GIVE YOU A LOVE OF YOUR OWN.
~CHORUS~ UNTIL YOU MEET JESUS I REALLY KNOW WHAT LOVE IS, UNTIL YOU MEET JESUS THERE WAS NO FEELING LIKE THIS. ON YOUR FACE WILL BE HIS SUNSHINE, IN YOUR HEART WILL BE HIS SONG. THEN YOU CAN SAY YOU HAVE A LOVE OF MY OWN.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 pm

You know, I have spent 30 years with this song in my head. I had heard it when I was visiting a little church in North Carolina as a teenager and it stuck with me. I could never remember all the words but would sing what I knew. I actually used it to sing my daughter to sleep a many a nights. Thank you so much for posting the name and words. Now I can sing the complete song! Teresa, Pensacola FL

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

I would love to have the piano music to this if anyone has it!

Teresa, Pensacola,FL

[email protected]

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I heard this song sung by a lovely young lady named Theresa with a beautiful alto voice; I do know all the lyrics but never knew where the song came from. I heard it at an interdenominational ministry in Roanoke, VA in the mid 1980's. The group has since disbanded, and I never did know Theresa well (not even her last name) so was never in touch. I appreciate these posts, but would like to know where this song came from and who wrote it.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 pm

SONG: A love of my own / words and music by Aaron Wilburn and Rusty Goodman
Christashay

Post by Christashay » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:33 am

My mother learned this song at church camp. She sang it to us when we were babies. Now, 23 years old, I remember always asking "Mommy, sing dreams!" One day, I'll sing it to my own children. This was my lullaby.

Post by Guest » Mon May 05, 2014 3:17 am

A friend from about 30 year ago use to sing this with her girls...I had never forgot the tune to it but could never remember the whole song! I am so glad I came here! Thanks again! <3
Cowgirl

Post by Cowgirl » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks to whomever posted the question, and to the commenters. Two of them commented as guests, one of them posted the names of the songs composers (I had never heard the original) and another remarked about Theresa in Roanoke, VA singing it. I heard her also, and LOVED the song and her beautiful voice. I well remember Damascus Inn, and am still in touch with a few of the members. If you see this post "guest" I hope you will respond again, maybe we can pm.