Song about Jesus and the cross

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:25 pm

These are some of the words I remember:
Long, long ago in (far away?) land,
Rough rugged timber was raised to the sky.
There hung a man, suspended in space
????????? to die.
Chorus
Just to think of the cross, moves me now,
His nail scarred hands, His ? brow
To think of the cross, moves me now.
It should have been me, it should have been, instead I am free, I am free.

That's what I remember of the song. I do not know the title of the song or who wrote it.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:40 pm

"Just to Think of the Cross" by Kurt Kaiser from the folk musical "Natural High"

UST TO THINK OF THE CROSS

Long ago in a far away place
Rough rugged timbers were raised to the sky
There hung a man suspended in space
And though He was blameless
They left Him to die

Just to think of the cross
Moves me now
The nails in His hands
His bleeding brow
To think of the cross
Moves me now
It should have been me (2x)
Instead I am free,I am free!

He put an end to my guilt and despair
Turned bitter hating to sweet peace and love
Even the men that put Him up there
Were offered forgiveness and life from above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiYNF7uts_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x7M0pZDQ58

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 am

This song rocks :) )

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 am

this is so immaginable but he did it for me!

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 am

I remember singing this song with my cousin on the school bus on the ride home in the afternoons many years ago. Part of the lyrics were stuck in my mind today. What a great song with such a powerful message!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:56 am

Im 56 yrs and remember singing this very song when I was 14 at church camp. I looked it up wondering if there were more stanzas but low and behold I did in fact remember it all. I didn't know where it originated from but have been singing this song for 42 years and hope to song it another 42😄

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:14 pm

I am now 59 years old. I have adored this song since I was a teenager, when I sang it many times, alone, with a choir and sometimes solo as a member of an interdenominational youth choir that traveled around the U.S. sharing God's message. During many of my life challenges, God has placed this song on my heart, surrounded me with His spirit and reminded me of how deeply and intimately He knows me and loves me! Each time is very special, more spirit-filled and draws me even closer to Him. I have used this song many time as an acapella audition piece. It never fails to elicit an incredible sense of the Holy Spirit's presence, WOWs from the listeners and inquiry "WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT SONG?". My reply was always "in my heart!" because I couldn't remember its origin and I did not have any sheet music. It was always sung from memory. I am now so happy to discover it's origin. Now, I am hoping to find, sheet music and although only a slight possibility, would like to locate a CD with track background accompaniment. If anyone knows how to find it, please contact me: [email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:50 pm

I remember performing this phone with my church choir in my youth as the person above I am 59 we travel the western states with our choir touring Easter vacation or summer vacation. It was one of the songs that was in a musical called natural high

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:37 am

I have song that song with our church when I was about 15 yrs old.. myself being much older now. I think of it often always wishing i remembered the whole performance.
Nomads Anonymous

Re: Song about Jesus and the cross

Post by Nomads Anonymous » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:02 pm

It was the early 70s and I attended a church camp in the mountains of southern New Mexixo where this song became our theme for the retreat. It was such a special time with the Lord as we sang this beautiful hymn over and over again. I am 60 years old now and have had this incredible song of praise buried in my heart since then. Special, are the people that flood my memory of those few and precious days. Especially precious are the 2 men who were instrumental in our Lord's hand to leading me in the way of salvation. Thanks for your obedience to Him, Mel (Phillips) and Brad (Bryant). Your love for our Savior resounds in my heart to this day. I wish we hadnt lost touch over the years. You are both special to me.