Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:56 pm

It's the Feast of the Assumption today and fittingly we sang this song
at Mass today. A beautiful song to a beautiful Spirit being a signpost
to her Son.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:45 am

My Mother had this hymn sung at her mother's funeral, the day before Mother's Day, 1983. The soloist who sang it for us is now deceased and the church is no longer in existence. I was at a loss as to where to look for the lyrics. You see, my Mother who is 88 is leaving us for home very soon after being on hospice over a year. It's 2:30 AM and I was brought to my computer to seek these lyrics. I have finally found them. I can even hear the soloist, her voice cracking with emotion.Thank you so much.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Years ago, when I was in High School, I played the flute with my church "Guitar Choir" (2 guitars, a banjo, a piano, 6-8 choir members and me). They would have me play through half this song as a flute solo before everyone joined in. it is a beautiful song and I always loved it. I had forgotten some of the lyrics and wanted to remember; the internet is so great for this sort of thing. Thank you all for sharing.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 am

I used to sing this in school but the lyrics were different.
Gentle woman, guidling light,
Morning star so strong and bright,
Gentle mother, peaceful dove,
Teach us wisdom, teach us love

You were chosen by the Father
You were chosen for the Son
You were chosen among women
You were chosen to be the one

Gentle Mother, Peaceful Dove
Teach us wisdom, teach us love
Gerald

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Gerald » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:02 am

"Love me? Love my son" God.
"Love me? Love my mother" Jesus.
"Love me? Love my Son" Mary.
"Love me? Love my Father."
This my dear friends is the circle of life and LOVE.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I can't stand this song. The timing is goofy and no one knows when to hold the notes or start up again.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Pardon me. I should have written, I can't stand to sing this song in church because it is hard for a group to sing it. I am sure some people like it sung by individuals.

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sat May 09, 2015 6:13 am

I LOVE THIS SONG IS A REFLECTION AND DEDICATION TO ALL MOTHERS. IT WAS SONG TOGETHER WITH MY MOM AND AT HER MEMORIAL SERVICE.

TODAY,
MY GROUP AND I, WE ARE DEDICATING IT TO ALL MOTHERS.
IT IS A GREAT BLESSING.

THANK YOU

Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:47 pm

My sisters and I chose this song for my mother's funeral Mass on 03/14/2015. It is so beautiful and it is the essence of my Momma. I broke down when we got to Gentle mother, peaceful dove, teach us wisdom, teach us love. My Momma was everything this song is about and she had a deep love and respect for Mary.
I thought I was doing pretty good until they sang this at Mass on Mother's Day. I totally lost it and could not stop crying. It was only after I could feel my Momma's presence with me and her holding me in her arms, that I was finally able to pull myself together. I miss her so much, it hurts.
Guestly

Re: Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Post by Guestly » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:32 am

Thank you to all who posted the lyrics. The song made me cry in high school. The Mother made me cry in therapy in my 30’s. The song is calling my heart again, but I couldn’t recall all the words. My heart is full.