The Homecoming Week -- need words and music

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 pm

The Blackwood Brothers also recorded this song. One of my favorites from my childhood. It was also a favorite of my Faher's, who has been singing in the Heavenly Choir since 1998. I can't wait to see him again in Heaven.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Wendy Bagwell & the Sunliters recorded it too

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank you for all your posts. I have been trying to find the song for my 94 year old mother who wants it sung at her funeral. Raymond Browning , I believe married her and my father in Columbus, Ohio. They were both Nazarenes.
I would love to have the music for this if anyone can help me.
My Son also attended Trevecca in Nashville, and is now the Worship Pastor in West Palm Beach Florida.
If anyone has the music, I would love to get it.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I checked Www.Lillenas.com and cannot find the music for "Homecoming Week". Con anyone tell me where else to look. I have been all over the internet trying to find it.

Thank you.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:56 pm

SIR: Please leave an email address and I will mail the song to you . . Or I can send it to your home address via US Post Office.

Here is an easy way to find the song: Enter the following exactly into GOOGLE and it will be in the first 1 to 3 links

"The Home-Coming Week" song Browning

Just enter the above in GOOGLE. It will take you to the song in
www.hymnary.org and you will need to SCROLL DOWN the page
and you will see a yellow copy of the song and the words.

Browning wrote the words Adgar Pace wrote the music

dr. alan matthews

[email protected]
615 445 9580

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:45 pm

You must hear The Happy Goodmans sing Homecoming Week to really appreciate this song. Check out on You-Tube.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 pm

If anyone still wants this song you can find it at Hymnary.org. I found it today and printed it off on my PC

Post by Guest » Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm

This has been such an interesting thread to read! In going through my mother's personal effects May 15, 2017, I found a scribbled copy of the words to this song. Mother died at 92 (two weeks shy of 93) on January 13, 2016. I am so happy to be able to find a source to access this song and print a copy. I noticed the reference to Lawrenceburg, TN, and I think she had ties to that area. She was born in Leoma, TN. What a heritage to be able to reference these beautiful songs of faith many of which I feel are probably forgotten. It was like Mother speaking to me to find her handwritten copy!