My God and I Walked int he Fields Together

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 am

So cool and thinks

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Myrna did anyone ever answer your request for the chords to the song "My God and I"?
I was asked to sing it at a friends 90th birthday party but can't find the accompanyment tape or music with chords.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:51 am

I have a beautiful piano arrangement in a songbook.
Written by I .B. Sergei (Austris A Wihtol)

Also has listed after it "My Lord and I" (words by A. O. Bell)

1. My Lord and I, we hold such sweet communion
While other fear, He keeps me from Alarm;
We walk and talk along life's busy path ways
Secure am I from thing that would do no harm
We walk and talk along life's busy path ways
Secure am I from thing that would do no harm

2. My Lord and I, we hold such sweet communion
He is to me much more than earthly joy
He is my strength and wonderful companion
I consecrate my all to His employ
He is my strength and wonderful companion
I consecrate my all to His employ

3. My Lord and I, we hold such sweet communion
I know He plans my life each passing day
I may not see, but He is close beside me
He drives the clouds and darkness all away
I may not see, but He is close beside me
He drives the clouds and darkness all away

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:28 am

A song near and dear to my heart. The words are sweetly carved into my soul the night I found Jesus at dear ol Sooner Youth Camp, OK.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:30 am

My favorite recording of this is by the Rebekah Girls Choir with the Lester Roloff ministries. I remember them singing this in a concert. You can find that version on you tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq3s9YyxWvY

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 pm

I am 77 years old now, and remember singing this hymn when I was very young. There are many different lyrics and versions, apparently, and I have been trying to find the one that finishes with:

"My God and I walk through eternity."

I will keep researching on the Internet until I find the version that I sang so many years ago. It is beautiful.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Among my old hymn books and song sheets in my Kimball organ bench, I found "Favorite Hymns of Faith and Hope" "another Singspiration Publication by Zondervan." It was published in 1971.

My God and I is on page 131, The author is listed a I.B. Sergei (Austris A. Wihtol)

At the bottom of the song it says "Copyright 1935. Renewal 1963 by Austris A. Wihtol. Assigned to Singspiration, Inc. Arr. C. 1970 by Singspiration. All rights reserved."

That was 45 years ago. I wonder who holds the copyright (rights) to the song now, or if the copyright has expired and it is now in the public domain?

I love the dear old hymn, and it sounds wonderful played on my home Kimball organ.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:37 pm

For guitar or QChord chords, use key of G, which would be G, Dmaj7 and C - easy to figure out if you know the tune - I have typed up the song with the chords above where they are struck. If you want a copy, email me at [email protected] and I'll send it. I love this song and it's always on my copyholder next to my computer and QChord - which I keep on the keyboard tray under the laptop. I love the verse that God and Mr. William Bates wrote - I want this sung at my funeral also.
Dannl Yoder

Re: My God and I Walked int he Fields Together

Post by Dannl Yoder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:20 pm

This is a song old timers like me still remember with tears in memory of the old folks who have gone on. They clasped hands and their voices rang with laughter.
My Scottish brethren (also Amish stock) reminds every one that Aye means always. Ay means yes, AYE means always (consult Robert Burns for this Scottish word)
Phyllis Lowe

Re: My God and I Walked int he Fields Together

Post by Phyllis Lowe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 pm

:) :D :P 8-) :lol: :P :twisted:

In the second stanza, I believe the correct words said: When all was but a dream of dim conception,
….It was a beautiful hymn which our chorus in college sang; such an arrangement! It had us humming in au cappella as one part sang! It was so beautiful. As I sang, having breakfast on the front porch this morning, I recalled this song but not all the words. As the birds hushed to listen, and then when I finished they flew. One can only think they took the song to their friends somewhere, today! I promised them I would try to find the words....thank you SO much!