Mother of all this is pure and glad

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:37 pm

I just found myself singing the "O Causa Nostrae Laetitiae" bit. I sort of remembered the opening line and googled "Mother of all that is pure and good" but I got here anyway. I remember we used to sing this on the last day before breaking up for the summer hols too, at Holy Family Junior school Blackpool. I recall we boys emphasising LaeTITiae

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:54 pm

I will always remember this song as all the girls from St. Josphs home
Darlington sang this as the bus pulled away to take us on a trip.

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2014 3:30 pm

We use to sing this hymn before our summer holidays ... I still could not find the music ...my teacher taught me the song ...

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:55 pm

we used to sing this hymn on last day of school before we had our winter break..soo luv this hymn...takes me back to school

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:54 pm

A rendition of the hymn can be found at
http://www.rcdomeducation.org.uk/upload ... lyrics.wav
Hope this helps

Post by Guest » Sat May 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Nice memory. Reminder of sunny summer breaks from St. Joseph, s Hunslet Leeds before it was burnt down.

Post by Guest » Mon May 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Happy to have found this. At St Anne's College Sanderstead we sang verses 1, 2, 4 & 5. The naughtier juniors would take a breath after "tit" in "Laetitiae" too.... maybe that's a universal temptation when you are about to run free for up to eight blessed weeks! Thinking of "Smile on the days we are passing now, smile on the years to come" is an emotional experience. :-/

Post by Guest » Wed May 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Wow its so interesting to see that people worldwide sing this song before the starting of holidays. Even My convent school in the city of Allahabad in India used to sing this, and hopefully still sings.
Andy M

Post by Andy M » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:40 pm

I have the music for this memorable hymn. My apologies. I have just noticed that my entry in March 2011 had my wrong email address. It should read [email][email protected].[/email]
[email protected]

Re: Mother of all this is pure and glad

Post by [email protected] » Thu May 07, 2020 10:12 pm

My son played this at St Brigids Newmains when he was in p7, he wrote the music for it himself (I sang it for him) so it will be basic chords, as he was 11 years old at the time. They stopped singing it a few years later, but he will still have it in his old folder if it's any help. It sounded brilliant btw