Jesus Is the Cornerstone

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Jesus Is the Cornerstone

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi, I'm looking for the lyrics to a praise and worship song that talks about Jesus Christ being the only cornerstone. This song has a lot of verses, and many of them tell Jesus' story from birth to resurrection. I remember the tune (1244, 1245, 6542, 6544...), but not the lyrics. Thanks for any help at all. God bless!

Jesus Is the Cornerstone

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:07 am

It also says something like "Firm in the truth of Christ I stand" Another line has ". . . in life . . . in death . . . Christ the Lamb." One verse goes into "On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand; all other groung is sinking sand."

Jesus Is the Cornerstone

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:08 am

After a long search, I finally found the song I was looking for! The song is "In Christ Alone." The Newsboys sing this. This song is truly a blessing to the Christian.
savedbygrace

Jesus Is the Cornerstone

Post by savedbygrace » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:23 pm

Guest, I'm glad you found the song you were looking for.
Here are the lyrics to "In Christ Alone" for anyone else who might be searching for the same song.

In Christ Alone.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ live

Jesus Is the Cornerstone

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm

hi i am looking for cornerstone,song
Brother Jonathan

Jesus Is the Cornerstone

Post by Brother Jonathan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:26 am

Way back around 1977, either Lanny Wolfe or Lari Goss wrote a song called "Jesus Is The Cornerstone" and although I don't remember all the words, this might be another search for you. I sure hope you find the song you're looking for!