Baptismal hymn - A Borning Song

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:40 pm

This is a song written by Jay Beech, a Lutheran, for the American Lutheran Church, now the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:14 am

I had this song sung at my daughter's baptism and her confirmation. My daughter is getting married in 4 months and she is having it sung at her wedding. It's a very beautiful song and has so much meaning. It's very moving!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:35 am

no it's written by John Ylvisaker

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:02 pm

This hymn will be sung at my "Celebration of Life Service." At present I am
84 years young!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:44 am

I just heard this song for the first time when I was visiting a UMC in another state. I loved it as the words were sung by the congregation. It was joyous music to my ears! I am toward the autumn of my life and thought this to be a perfect song for a funeral service as well. The song brings tears to my eyes as I imagine God watching each life unfold before him and being by our side until we close our eyes with just one more surprise. This is how it has always been, but this song opened my eyes yet another time to just how great our God is.
Amy Palazzolo

Re: Baptismal hymn - A Borning Song

Post by Amy Palazzolo » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 am

My 8 year old sang this at my wedding to the only dad he knew. Without missing a note, beat, or a word, as he cried through his singing. Sadly, nearly 8 years ago, we sang it for his funeral. Love this song.