Your the best thing that's ever happend to me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi There
My name is Darlene Fowler- God gave me this song in 1979. HE isi the writer I held the pen. This song has a copyright in 1979 Darlene Fowler Writer and Singing Echoes Publishing BMI . I am so thankful for the song as it has blessed me and blessed many and many have come to know the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through the message in this song. I am truly thankful for everyone who has sang and recodred this song. I recorded it with my family The Fowler Family back in 79. Recently Nathan Stanley has recorded it on his Dove award Nominated Album Every MIle. Wes Hampton of the Gaither's is singing duo with him on the song. Every MIle is also on of my songs and I am so greatful that God has allowed this song to also touch many lives. Check out www.nathanstanleymusic.com or nathanstanleyentertainment.com

I did not write the 3rd verse and have no idea who did. God gave me the song with 2 verses and that is what I gave everyone.

God Bless you all anyone who would like to contact me
[email protected]
Darlene Fowler
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Wow, thanks so much for writing in, Darlene, and for letting us know the background of this beautiful song. And praise God that He could work through you to bring such a beautiful song that has blessed so many over the years. :)

God bless!
Steve

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:01 pm

I have the music to this song and it in a G flat. Anybody know the original Author?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Lord Your The Best Thing

v.1-
You've been in my life for so long,
You are right when I've been wrong,
I can't repay all the love you've given me,
You were my friend when no one cared,
I was alone but you've been there,
Lord you're the best thing thats ever happened to me.

(*Chorus*)
I owe it all to you Lord all I have is you Lord,
Lord take my life and make it what You have it be,
for I'm your child and your my father I'm the clay,
and your the potter, Lord you're the best tihng
thats ever happened to me.

-v.2-
Borrowed treasures borrowed dreams, all lifes joys
you've given me, when trouble comes You're always
there to make me smile, Let come what may thy will
be done I love You Jesus God's precious Son,
Lord You're the best thing thats ever happened to Me.

(*Chorus*)

-v.3-
Oh For everytime that I have failed.
each time i stumbled, and sin prevailed.
you picked me up, and set my feet on solid ground.
Oh why you should love me. i sure don't know,
but i'll keep singing as I go.
Oh for Lord you're the best thing thats ever happened to me.

(*Chorus*)
Tag : oh lord for your the best thang that's ever happened to me.. To me.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:51 am

This was awesome thanks to everyone who posted lyrics and chords. I had the accompaniment but no lyrics and i couldnt remember for the life of me. Thank you thank you for saving my tail lol.
🎶 Bethany Marie 🎶

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:30 am

thank you so much for this song. i want to sing this song in my church.cause i love the lirycs.thanks God bless u all

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:31 am

thank you so much for this song. i want to sing this song in my church.cause i love the lirycs.thanks God bless u all
deacon59

Post by deacon59 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:17 am

lord, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Hey guys, Found the piano music for this on the following link. Just ordered it. It's in this book of songs for $20. I cant find it anywhere else. Here's the link.

http://bookstore.heartlandbaptist.edu/p ... ers-love-1

Glad I found this forum. Some of the songs that I like are hard to find. Thanks to tboyd1120 for the cords. I will pass those on.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:45 pm

I was always told that my niece wrote this song and someone took it from her and claimed it....just saying.

Just two verses and words are a little different.

I sing it often and have been singing it in my home church for many-many years. Blessings!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:00 pm

Bro. Carl Partain and his family sing this song. They are awesome. A lady from a church Bro. Carl used to pastor wrote a 4th verse to the song. I know sister Fowler only wrote 2 but I think she'd be honored that her song has meant so much to people that they'd write their own personal verses to it. Here's how I think I remember that fourth verse going. I have only heard it a few times so I might not get it exactly right

Lord your love amazes me

By your grace I am set free

From who you are you never change from day to day

How honored I am to serve a God

Who made the sun, the moon and stars

Lord, you're the best thing that ever happened to me