Words to hymn "I Am Not Worthy the Least of His Favors"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:18 am

My moms been playing and singing this song on the piano for years. Im not a born again christian but i love when she sings this song. Its so beautiful. <3

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Bea Bixler sings this on utube. Heard it today 1-5-14
Guest Waupaca Wi

Post by Guest » Tue May 12, 2015 12:54 am

I also am moved to tears by the song, I am not worthy. The message that it instills, is missing from so many lives. It is alarming. The guest that mentioned the type of music that is presented as worshipful, with guitars and drums and dancing, echoes my sentiments exactly. I play the organ for church services also and wonder if there is a distinction between sacred and secular music in our culture any more.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:25 pm

My devotional today was on Jesus's death and I thought of the song, I am not Worthy. It has been many years since I experienced worshiping with BEA at Winning Women retreats in Michigan. She was a blessing to many of us several times at these retreats. So thankful to find this site and the words. What a special blessing today! Nancy Hutchinson

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:49 am

This was so fun to come upon this website and read these postings about Mrs Bixler's music. I , too, recall "I am not worthy" as I used to sing in a trio in the Chicago area during the 60's and this , as well as others by mrs. Bixler, were part of our repertoire. The old hymns and the music of John W. Peterson, Harold DeCou, and all the others like them need to be heard again. I think it's time to reintroduce this music before our generation "goes home". Our children and our grandchildren need to hear it. God Bless you all!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:59 pm

I am creating a collection of hymns arranged for Autoharp. Beatrice's song "I Am Not Worthy" came to mind. In no time I had the chords and melody written but couldn't find the words to this tune till now on this website. I would love to include her tune in my collection with her permission (or whoever has inherited the rights to her song). Can anyone tell me the contact information to get permission for the use of this song in a collection of older hymns? I certainly would give her credit as well as compensation if I could. Thanks! [email protected]
AutoharpAnnie

Post by AutoharpAnnie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:38 pm

To the family of Beatrice Bixler,
I have sung Bea's "I Am Not Worthy" for over 45 years and it is one of my favorites!
I am now compiling a book of hymns arranged for autoharp. I was blessed to be chosen the 2002 International Autoharp Champion years ago. Now I teach all over and would love to share her work in my collection. If you read this post, please contact me as I would love to have permission to use it. Thank you!
You may contact me at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:34 am

I am so thrilled to have found this site. My sisters sang this amazing hymn on our Youth Choir tours when we were in high school in the mid 60's. It has stuck with me and comforted and encouraged me over the decades since. I recall during my Vietnam War days singing this song often to help keep the proper perspective of life and eternity. I wish I had found this site years ago while Mrs, Bixler was still alive. I found it tonight while trying to find guitar chords for it--which I have not yet found. God bless all of you who were touched by this life-changing masterpiece.
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Very thankful for the inspired music & lyrics of Beatrice Bush Bixler
Here is a tribute from Rev. Jeffrey A. Mackey and a partial list of her songs
http://www.hymnary.org/person/Bixler_Beatrice

Here are 3 rendition of I Am Not Worthy the Least of His Favors

The White Sisters recorded in 1963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Z2ZAV58Pc

First Presbyterian Church in Salem, OR choir, orchestra & soloist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkk1aKxY-D0

A lovely trumpet solo accompanied by piano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mogu17ggiM

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 pm

I noticed that most of the responses are over 4 years old but I thought I would add mine also. I learned this song as teenager playing the accordion. Over the years, it has humbled and encouraged me. T "hang in there" Even though I did not understand all that was happening. For some reason, that song kept me steady along with some others. I am o glad God gifted this woman and that she used herr talent for. God.

I did. Find the sheet music on eBay.