lyrics for "for me to live is Christ to die is gain, to hold his hand and walk the narrow way, there

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

lyrics for "for me to live is Christ to die is gain, to hold his hand and walk the narrow way, there

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Any one knows this son...philippians 1:21
I have found that in this world, there are many greatest people
but i saw them in their life, they are hopeless in their soul. so then christ lead me to go, to preach the gospel to the nation.......

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 am

I sang this in the 1970's - and NYLC events in Guernsey. The words came to mind this morning - just the first line. So glad to have found it all - now I can sing it all.
[email protected]
Rev Rod

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:10 am

We used to sing this song in our young peoples meeting back in the seventies. Sadly I no longer qualify as a young person but this song remains one of my favourites from that era

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:17 am

Dear Keith, I was wondering if you are the author and composer of the song "For Me to Live is CHRIST and to Die is Gain", wonder who has been receiving the supposedly royalty for your copyright! I love this song and used to sing it in church in the 70s and even in the 80's. I just don't feel comfortable that someone is claiming copyright and royalty instead of the rightful author and composer! Thank you Keith for the lovely song that we can dedicate to GOD!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:28 am

Woke up this morning with this song in mind! Started writing it into my journal but wanted to check my memory of a couple of words - and found this excellent link. Thank you Keith for offering this free - as many did in the 60's and 70's. All such songs should be left as Anon unless the composer/author is identified and not pulled into the copyright world incorrectly

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I am from malaysia, studied in anglo chinese methodist school. Sang this song in school's chapel every thursday. it was year 1973 till 1978 secondary school. Anyone has the guitar chords? I remember it was taken from the song book published by scripture union.

casey
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:08 am

Hi People
The song attributed to J White was in fact written by Keith White. We had a folksy country gospel band way back in the sixties and Used to sing this song. Keith was our much loved mentor evangelist and still to this day loves country and motorbikes but still also does open air evangelism in Rochdale UK. It was when the Glorylanders decided to record it that the name J White was incorrectly attached and has been there ever since.
Blessings
David W Percy

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm

I just remembered the song by Keith White while choosing songs for morning service, some REND and Kendrick et all, but the words and music of 'for me to live' still hold up just as well. I loved the Glorylanders so thanks Keith! - also a duo who went by the name of 'Harold and Gareth' used to do a cover at our youth meetings in Grappenhall
Glyn Sinar (Blackpool)

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:17 am

We used to sing this at Word of Life Bible Institute in the 70's. It may be old but it the message is still true.