"Theres a longing in my heart for Jesus, theres a longing in my heart to see His face"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
sifudancrawford

"Theres a longing in my heart for Jesus, theres a longing in my heart to see His face"

Post by sifudancrawford » Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Thats all I know of the chorus of the song. "Theres a longing in my heart for Jesus, theres a longing in my heart to see His face" Please help me, God bless you
daisyc40

Post by daisyc40 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:13 pm

LONGING FOR JESUS

1. I have a longing in my heart for Jesus,
I have a longing in my heart for Him;
Although I know His presence lingers near me,
I have a longing just to see His face.

Refrain
Longing, longing for Jesus,
I have a longing in my heart for Him;
Just to be near Him, to feel His presence,
I have a longing in my heart for Him.

2. I have a longing just to walk with Jesus,
I have a longing just to hold His hand;
To know He's there forever near to guide me,
To know His love will never let me go.

3. To you who do not know this man named Jesus,
You've never lived or found life's greatest joy;
Oh, won't you now take Him as Lord and Saviour,
And know the fullness of His matchless love?

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Longing for Jesus - is the name of the hymn, the first one written by Richard Baker (Dick) when he was a student at Baylor U.

Dick went home to Jesus this past Monday.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 am

His longing is now satisfied ♥
cewoldt

Post by cewoldt » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:39 pm

I think this is the one you are looking for:

I've a longing in my heart for Jesus,
I've a longing in my heart to see His face.
I am weary, oh, so weary of trav'ling here below,
I've a longing in my heart for Him.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 pm

"I've a longing in my heart for J e s u s, there's no other friend as kind as He, no one else can take the sin and sadness from me.. oh how much He cares for me."
Is this the one? I have tried to locate this beautiful testament to what I feel in my soul for my Lord for so long.
memyselfandi

Post by memyselfandi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:41 pm

guest.. Yes this is the one I have searched for for years.. it is so wonderful to just find another soul that has this tucked away in their heart.

Post by Guest » Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm

The song the guest refers to is called 'No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus'.
I used to sing the song. It is one of the gems from heaven. I just looked it up on Youtube. I am wasted. Sandi Patty sings it pure and precious. Youtube has all the lyrics also. The second verse is wonderful. I used to only sing the 1st verse. God bless
[email protected]

Re: "Theres a longing in my heart for Jesus, theres a longing in my heart to see His face"

Post by [email protected] » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Actually I am trying to find the album with the following songs

I've a longing in my my heart for Jesus, I've longing in my heart to see His face
I'm so weary oh so weary of ....
Through it all
Learning to elsewhere the Spirit of the Lord is

Just o name a few.
Bkessibgs
Jojo Frab

Re: "Theres a longing in my heart for Jesus, theres a longing in my heart to see His face"

Post by Jojo Frab » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Guest wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 pm "I've a longing in my heart for J e s u s, there's no other friend as kind as He, no one else can take the sin and sadness from me.. oh how much He cares for me."
Is this the one? I have tried to locate this beautiful testament to what I feel in my soul for my Lord for so long.
Two songs. The Longing in my heart song. The other song you mention is title “No one ever cared for me like Jesus” there’s no other friend so kind as He. No one else can take the sin and darkness from me. Oh how much He cares for me.
I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus. There is no other friend so kind as he.something like that.