Bishops song called Nothing Here Below

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Bishops song called Nothing Here Below

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 pm

I'm looking for the old Bishops song titled Nothing here below, it was on their "one way" album. There is nothing here below worth loos ing your soul, oh nothing here eternal it make me want to go and when our time has come to leave this world and take our journey home, there's nothing here below worth loos ing your soul, that's the chorus
nik

Re: Bishops song called Nothing Here Below

Post by nik » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 am

I will try to post these lyrics soon. I tried once before but my computer ate them! lol
nik

Re: Bishops song called Nothing Here Below

Post by nik » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:49 am

Here are the lyrics for "Nothing Here Below" by the Bishops I am not sure all the punctuation is correct and I may have some of the words wrong but this is what I hear when I listen to the song and I've been singing it this way for years. Someone please correct any errors! Love me some Bishops!!!

V 1 Jesus lived His life on earth to prove His love for all mankind. To heal the sick, to raise the dead and give sight to the blind. He lived a modest life, nothing here on earth He owned, but on that day when He had gone away, I'm sure He must have known...

CH You see there's nothing here below worth losing your soul. Nothing here eternal; it makes me want to go. And when our time has come to leave this world and take our journey home there's nothing here below worth losing your soul.

V 2 As He stood in Pilot's hall the people mocked, they cursed His name. They nailed Him to that old rugged cross, with all their guilt and shame. He hung upon that tree of death but then the third day He rose to show the world there's nothing here worth losing your soul.

V 3 As time goes on the world will press for mighty wealth and fame. But the children of God will strive for Him, oh praise His holy name. As the end draws near and time shall close, earthly pleasures will all be done. But those that heed the call will be the blessed of all, our lives have just begun.