The Ground is Level at the Foot of the Cross-I have the lyrics, want to know who originally sung it

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

The Ground is Level at the Foot of the Cross-I have the lyrics, want to know who originally sung it

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:40 am

I would like to know what southern gospel group originally sang the following song. Please read the lyrics carefully. Everywhere I ask this question I get the wrong info. BTW, to start off, it is not Ernie Haase and Signature Sound and it is not Blue Highway.

1. I stood before the cross...and a king stood by me
And on the other side...a vagabond
And there as we prayed....and poured our hearts out to Jesus
He bent to hear everyone

Ch: The ground is level...at the foot of the cross
No man stands higher than I
I can call on Jesus' name...and a king can do the same
The ground is level at the foot of the cross!

2. No matter who you are...whether rich or a beggar
The call is sent to whosoever will
Just kneel at the cross...and tell the Lord that you need Him
Your thirsty soul He will fill

3. No pow'r can take away, all the joy I found in Jesus,
Although the world will try my faith to shake.
God's Word is still the same, and it will stand throughout the ages,
Your ev'ry step He'll help you take.
Melbacarter

Re: The Ground is Level at the Foot of the Cross-I have the lyrics, want to know who originally sung it

Post by Melbacarter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 pm

I believe it was The Hoppers and Naomi.
MelbaCarter

Re: The Ground is Level at the Foot of the Cross-I have the lyrics, want to know who originally sung it

Post by MelbaCarter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Hopper Brothers Avondale Connie Home Grown album, I believe.
Melbacarter

Post by Melbacarter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 pm

And, not Avondale. Where did that come from? I’m done.
C lewis

Post by C lewis » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:29 am

This song was written by George lewis. Most likely, the hoppers sang this a few times years ago. I do have a copy of the original soundtrack. If you would like to contact me I could arrange for you to have a copy. This was the soundtrack that was recorded by George Lewis himself. He has since passed away.