There's Something About That Name

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:40 am

While in church today, I sat quietly near the organist and began to softly sing to myself, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. The organist was playing something else and overheard me singing quietly to myself and he started playing extremely softly along with me. The pastor was introducing the assistant pastor to bring the Sunday morning message. All at once, the pastor became overcome by the Holy Spirit and started shouting and praising the Lord. The congregation started singing, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus! There's just something about that name! And the Holy Spirit took control and there was bedlam in the place. People were rejoicing, shouting and praising the Lord. It took everything we had to calm down and hear the message. After the message, I stood to take the offering and starting singing softly, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus . . . And it started all over again. People were shouting and praising the Lord again. The pastor asked us to stop singing so that we could calm down and get some order in the service. What a mighty God we serve!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:24 am

I sung this song in church as a child. I had not heard it or sung again until my children were very small. One night God put this song on my heart and I sang it for my daughter. It became here favorite song at bedtime. She was killed in car accident 9 years ago. Now my seven year old and four year ask me to sing it to them almost every night. This song is very powerful.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:32 am

I agree my mother and grandmother used to sing it to me and I now sing it to my 8 and 6 year old. I too only knew the course until tonite.

Thanks

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

I'm looking for the lyrics to the song sung, I believe, by Jimmy Swaggart called "He'll Calm Your Storm" or similar title. I think it starts out with "I was out on life's sea" as far as I can remember.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:02 pm

It is a beautiful song. My Father was dying from cancer, and before he took his last breath I was holding his hand and singing it softly to him. He left this world in peace to be with God. I will never forget that day on June 4th 2007

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:24 pm

IT IS AMAZING HOW GOD WORKS. I USE TO DO THIS SONG AND RECITATION BUT OVER THE YEARS IT HAS GOTTEN LOST. IT WAS REQUESTED THAT I DO IT AGAIN AND I SADLY SAID I DONT HAVE THE RECITATION AND I DONT KNOW IF I WILL EVER FIND IT. WOW, HOW WONDERFUL TO FIND THIS SITE!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

AMBER

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:06 pm

a very nice song=)

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:20 pm

Thanks for this wonderful ite. May the Holy Spirit continue to bless you all

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:23 am

I need some help. My Pastor emailed me today and ask me to select some praise songs, choruses or hymns for Sunday. The message will be on the authority that Jesus has given us.....I thought about that song, There's something about that name......but I also thought about Jesus, Name Above All Names and then go into Take The Name of Jesus With You....I don't know.
I also thought about Greater Is He That Is In Me than He That Is In the World...
Do you have any ideas that you can share with me?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:47 pm

I dont believe anyone sung that song better than Danny Gaither.