The Last Mile of the Day Hymn

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
courage52

Post by courage52 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:08 am

I would like to find this song in a CD and/or the words and music
pianolady312

Post by pianolady312 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:34 am

Could you be looking for The Last Mile of thy Way? by Johnson Oatman,Jr./Wm. Edie Marks.

1) If I walk in the path-way of duty, If I work till the close of the day, I shall see the great King in His beauty When I've gone the last mile of the way.

(chorus) When I'be gone the last mile of the way, I will rest at the close of the day, And I know there are joys that await me, When I've gone the last mile of the way.
Pat

Post by Pat » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:47 pm

The Last Mile of the way

I. If I walk in the pathway of duty,if I work till the close of the day,I shall see the great king in His beauty,when I've gone the last mile of the way.

chorus: When I've gone the last mile of the way,I will rest at the close of the day. And I know there are joys that await me,When I've gone the last mile of the way.

II. If for Christ I proclaim the glad story,if I seek for His sheep gone astray,
I am sure he will show me his glory. when i've gone the last mile of the way.

III. Here the dearest of ties we must sever,tears of sorrow are seen every day
But no sickness,no sighing forever. When I've gone the last mile of the way

IV. And if here I have earnestly striven,and have tried all his will to obey,T'will
enhance all the rapture of heaven,when I've gone the last mile of the way.