little yellow sunbeam

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
jtilling

little yellow sunbeam

Post by jtilling » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 pm

I am trying to find the lyrics and tune if possible to a children's hymn which I sang when at Sunday School. It has words:
Little yellow (or golden?) sunbeams dancing in the air tell us that the springtime (?) is coming everywhere, Thank you God, Thank you God Thank you God for springtime.
And then it goes into other verses which I can't remember.
Can anyone help?
nick nundy

Re: little yellow sunbeam

Post by nick nundy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:57 am

I am sorry that I cannot help but I too remember singing this song little yellow sunbeams at a Methodist church or United Reform church Sunday School in Norwich, UK around 1967/8. It was my favourite at the time so I too would be interested in knowing the lyrics and the tune. I can just about remember the tune for the first line little yellow sunbeams dancing in the air, and the tune for the second line was very similar/identical.
Nightingale

Re: little yellow sunbeam

Post by Nightingale » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Little birdies singing in the branches bare...