Lyrics for song that includes "Above the clouds the sun is always shining, above the clouds the sky

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Vanderlady

Lyrics for song that includes "Above the clouds the sun is always shining, above the clouds the sky

Post by Vanderlady » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:46 am

I am looking for the lyrics to "Above the clouds the sun is always shining, above the clouds the sky is always blu?|"

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:29 pm

That was a popular song with Youth For Christ when it was first starting out. Uh, maybe 1947 or 48? Maybe it wasn't even Youth For Christ then?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:48 am

Merv Rosell, (Rozell?), the author, was a World War 2 pilot. Written amid the dangers of combat, the content of this song conveys Christian truth far more profound than that of the mere optimist. Might it have been in the book of choruses used extensively in the 1950s and 1960s, Making Melody?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:15 pm

The song was written by my late father-in-law, Merv Rosell, and copyrighted in 1942. He was a well-known evangelist, active in YFC and city-wide campaigns. He was never in the military; I understand he was inspired to write the song while flying to another crusade location. The family would be interested in locating any recording of him playing this song on his sax; a family friend has requested it for a memorial service.

ABOVE THE CLOUDS

Above the clouds, the sun is always shining.
Above the clouds, all tears are wiped away.
Our loving God will lift you from sin's darkness;
Above the clouds into eternal day.

Under the blood, my sings are all forgiven.
Under the blood, all guilt is washed away.
I dare to stand before the Lord in heaven;
Under the blood, I'll sing, and shout, and pray.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:21 am

My mother was just saying the other day that she was involved with Youth for Christ and she found links to the big rally held at Soldier's Field in Chicago in 1944. She said she always sings "Above the Clouds" when she's flying and the plane takes off. I was looking to see if there was a recording I could listen to when I found this site. Interestingly, she met up with Merv Rosell a few years ago in Sun City, Arizona, and told him she always sings this song on takeoff!
Sky

Re: Lyrics for song that includes "Above the clouds the sun is always shining, above the clouds the sky

Post by Sky » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:26 pm

What year was the hymn made, does it go before 1944.
Please tell me more
Sandy Guzo