I have never seen God's children forsaken

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Dlynn

Post by Dlynn » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:21 am

Looking for the words to this entire song- it is not a traditional hymn...it may be a southern gospel piece- not sure... any help that you could provide would be appreciated. Below I have included more words of the song...(long dashes are missing words)

"I have never seen God's children forsaken- though they walk ----He gives strength to climb the next hill. Just like the children that walked through the fire- He didn't leave them then and he'll not leave us now- For I have never seen God's children forsaken."
Dlynn

Post by Dlynn » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Trying this again...this is chorus -looking for verses

Though we walk through the valley
He gives strength to climb the next hill
Just like the children that walked through the fire
He didn't leave them then and He'll not leave us now
For I have never seen God's children forsaken
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 pm

OK Dlynn

As I recently posted in another request for an elusive song,
If we're going to identify this one, we need more information
Let's start with when did you first hear this? Where and what genre?
Do you remember any more fragments of the song?
Sometimes even a seemingly insignificant clue aids in the search
so what ever else you can supply will be helpful.

Nancy
dds105

Re: I have never seen God's children forsaken

Post by dds105 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 pm

I am searching for this song, "I HAVE NEVER SEEN GOD'S CHILDREN FORSAKEN" I believe it would be considered a Southern Gospel song. I first heard/did it back in the early to mid 1980's. I remember parts of it, 1. I've seen God's children lose their loved ones. I've seen them beaten down 'till I wondered if they rise again, but they fell beneath the cares of life,they never fell any farther then their knees, there they'd find the strength to rise up again and claim the Victory! Chorus, I have never seen God's children forsaken, though they may walk through the valley, He gives 'em strength to climb the next hill. Just like those children that walked through the fire, He didn't leave them then and He will not leave us now, I have never seen God's children forsaken.
2. Now they threw those Hebrew children in that awful fire, they thought that they would destroy them, because they wouldn't deny their God,...
I can't remember much more than those parts of it. Any help would be appreciated. I thought that I had it written in some of my songs books, but I have looked through around a dozen of them and haven't found it yet. Thanks in advance for any and all help, Duane
dds105

Re: I have never seen God's children forsaken

Post by dds105 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:02 am

[quote=Dlynn post_id=50768 time=1514827446 user_id=59214]
Trying this again...this is chorus -looking for verses

Though we walk through the valley
He gives strength to climb the next hill
Just like the children that walked through the fire
He didn't leave them then and He'll not leave us now
For I have never seen God's children forsaken
1. I've seen God's children lose their loved ones, I've seen them beaten down 'till I wondered if they rise again. But when they fell beneath the cares of life, they never fell any farther than their knees, there they'd find the strength to rise up again and claim the victory!
2. They threw those Hebrew children in that awful fire, they thought they would destroy them because they wouldn't deny their God...(I can't remember the rest either, that is why I got on here looking for it.)