WORDS TO THE APPLE TREE SONG

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
southern music fan

Post by southern music fan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:21 pm

Does anyone remember the song, "The Apple Tree"? I guess it was more of a recitation type song. The music to sing with it is, "Lord I'm Coming Home". I've been searching for the lyrics to the song, as well as a friend of mine. The recitation part, talks about a son that was sent from home (i can't remember the exact words), but at the end, he had asked God to come in his heart. He asked his parents if he could come back home. He was riding on a train and near their house, was an apple tree. If they accepted his coming home, to a white ribbon in the tree. And he would know to get off. When the train rounded the corner, the apple tree was in full blooms. He had white sheets/ribbons all over it. I know some of these words are not the exact words, it has ben a very long time since we've heard this song. I do not who produced it or anything. Please help.....
whiteyowhite

Post by whiteyowhite » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:09 pm

The words for this song have already been posted on this site, just go to the top of this page and click on "Hymn Lyrics Search Engine" and then type in "the apple Tree song"

God Bless!!!!
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:30 pm

You can find the words to the Apple Tree Recitation here:

http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... opic&t=637

You can pick up any discussion of this great song there.

God bless,
Steve
Kim Sunday

Re: WORDS TO THE APPLE TREE SONG

Post by Kim Sunday » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:32 am

Thanks for this forums. I found the lyrics that I'm looking for.
To all people sharing youtube videos about the songs. Thank you very much

Regards,
Kim Sunday
Diane23

Re: WORDS TO THE APPLE TREE SONG

Post by Diane23 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:39 am

Thank you for sharing the link for the song, I remember when I was little my mother always sings to me this song.