We'll need no lights in the city that John saw coming down

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ernvom

Post by ernvom » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 am

This song was sang very often in the Church of God through the years. The chorus says: We'll need no lights in the city that John saw coming down.

Post by Guest » Sat May 28, 2011 5:47 am

My church sang this song a couple times during a revival, but I haven't heard it before or since. All I remember is the chorus:

We'll need no light in the city that John saw coming down
For Jesus will be there, His glory will abound
We'll need no light in the city of never-ending day
The Lamb of God will take the night away

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Verse 1
I hear the sound of the trumpet, I know it can't belong till the Lord will be coming for His own, for His own; No more trouble, no more pain will ever come again, as we sing praise to Jesus round the throne.

Chorus
We'll need no light in that city that John saw coming down, For Jesus will be there, His glory will abound; We'll need no light in that city or never ending day; The Lamb of God will take the night away.

Verse 2
It won't belong till it's over, and God will call us home, To receive heavens final great reward, great reward; All our battles fought and won, we'll hear him say well done; Enter into the the glories of the Lord.

Chorus

I want to live in that city that John saw coming down for I've read that it's mansions can be mine; No more darkness no more night for Jesus is the light and the sun will no longer have to shine.

From Yellow Church of God hymnal Songs We Love to Sing
copyright R.P. Williams 1981

Posted by Brenda Sears Alva, FL

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 am

Thank you SO MUCH Brenda!!! This is one of my ALL TIME favorite hymns! Hallelujah, I believe it! We'll need no light in that city! We used to sing this years back when I was in the CHurch of God... What a blessing!
Pastor Charles C.
[email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:47 pm

This song was written by Fred Hess, Jake Hess' s brother. Jake was in all the Gaither Home coming videos, sang lead w/The Statesman Quartet, etc...and I believe it is in the Pentecostal Hymn books as well Hope this helps. I sing tenor with Fed's son, Steve Hess. God bless!!!

www.southernsalvation.com

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 am

What a wonderful message in this song!
watermelonridge

Re: We'll need no lights in the city that John saw coming down

Post by watermelonridge » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm

We'll Need No Light In That City

Verse #1
I hear the sound of the trumpet, / I know it can't be long; / ‘til the Lord will be coming for His own (for His own.)
No more trouble, no more pain, / will ever come again; / as we sing praise to Jesus ‘round the throne.

Chorus:
We’ll need no light in the city / that John saw coming down.
For Jesus will be there. His glory will abound.
We’ll need no light in the city / of never-ending day.
The Lamb of God will take the night away.

Verse #2
It won’t be long til the trumpet / of God will call us home, / to receive heaven’s final, great reward (great reward.)
All our battles fought and won, / we’ll hear Him say “well done!” / “Enter into the glories of the Lord.”

Verse #3
I want to live in that city, / that John saw coming down; / for I've read that it's mansions can be mine (can be mine.)
No more darkness, no more night, / for Jesus is the Light; / and the sun will no longer have to shine.

Words & Music: Fred Hess
Page #50, in: “Love Supreme”
Tennessee Music & Printing Co. - 1974