Sothern Gospel song - Heat that furnace seven times hotter

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 pm

I'm looking for a song it's chorus is "He stood in the fiery furnace made a way for the Hebrew three, He stood on a bow of a boat going under and calmed the sea, He stood in Man's defense though he was innocent, I believe whatever I need he'll stand by me! It's by the Bishops

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

"Four men walking around" by the issacs
Guest33

Re: Sothern Gospel song - Heat that furnace seven times hotter

Post by Guest33 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:16 am

I believe I’m looking for the same song, but cannot remember the chores. The second verse is 🎶Paul and Silas were thrown in jail, beat and left to die, but in the darkness of the midnight hour they begin to cry🎶 That is all I can remember. I believe the song name is Help is on the Way. I can’t find the lyrics and it is driving me looney.
Addicted2Jesus

Post by Addicted2Jesus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:02 pm

I was trying to find the same song and it was none of the ones mentioned above. The one I was looking for turned out to be "The Lord is my Strength" by Dennis Jernigan. Direct Link below. Hope this helps, God Bless!

https://youtu.be/C0iBeEThSFA
JesusisMary'slamb

Post by JesusisMary'slamb » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:33 am

Hi everyone. Thanks for accepting me in. I too have been trying to find an old gospel song that references Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego being in a fiery furnace with a fourth man in the fire. Unfortunately it isn't any of the songs that are listed here. I have only ever heard it once and all of it I got to hear was basically the chorus. A man was singing it and it was sort of a slow song. The last words of it I can remember were, "and he was the fourth man in the fire." It was playing on the radio on a gospel station and it was 4 to 6 years ago in Alabama when I heard it. But, even then you could tell it was a very old gospel song. I have searched and searched but can't find it. I so wish I had called the station that day to ask about it. Who knew finding it again would be this hard. Thanks for any help you can give.
Terri

Post by Terri » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:56 pm

I am looking for a song about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego as well. I remember my parents had the record when I was a child:

"Behold, I see Shadrach walkin, Meshach talkin, Abednego shoutin and the fourth one looks just like the son of God.

Well the Lord God Almighty done let us out.."

That is all I remember.

The album had Jesus Paid it All on it as well: "Sin had left a crimson stain. He washed all my sin away"

I was thinking it was James Cleveland, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance
Jweat

Post by Jweat » Sun May 07, 2023 3:35 pm

Don't give up, Help is on the way!