Standing somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus.

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Standing somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Wonderful song!!! .... Back in the days it was used in as an invitation song in gospel services and I tell as a child you really felt His eyes looking across at you.
Michael Wood

Re: Standing somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus.

Post by Michael Wood » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Guest wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:53 pm It was written by my grandfather, E.J. Rollings. He passed in 1974. I'm happy to see so many people have been touched by it.

Rebecca Rollings Cook
Rebecca, it is so moving and touching and so thoughtful of you to reply about your grandfather who wrought this very heart touching and long lasting song that moved millions throughout the years. Thanks so much, it means a lot to all of us taking the time and acknowledging this and bringing this to light. I have many songs that God brings to my mind, in the Holy Ghost, throughout the day and this came this morning to me, thus the reason I looked it up. I'm 58. Many in this new generation never heard these heart touching songs. Thank you for the legendary E. J. Rollings. We will never forget. My prayers are with you today and your family. God bless you dearly.
Pastor Michael Wood
Connie Hall

Post by Connie Hall » Tue May 26, 2020 4:22 am

Guest wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 pm the way my grandfather sang it in '52

Are your crosses too heavy to carry;
And burdens too heavy to bear?
Are there heartaches and tears and anguish;
And there's no one who seems to care?

Standing somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus,
He's the Friend who always cares and understands.
Standing somewhere in the shadows you will find Him
And you'll know Him by the nail prints in His hands.

Are there shadows of deep disappointment,
And trusts that have proven untrue?
Has the darkness of night settled round you
Has your hope and your faith wavered too?

And you'll know Him by the nail prints in His hands.

Has the storm over shadowed your sunshine,
And life lost attraction for you?
Have the dreams that you cherished been broken,
Is you soul filled with bitterness too?

Gws

Post by Gws » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Does anyone know where Ican obtain the sheet music for this wonderful song?
Mark Chambers

Post by Mark Chambers » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:15 pm

I grew up in Detroit in the 50's and attended Metropolitan Baptist Tabernacle until in my teens. E.J. was the pastor of that church and I can remember many days with him at our dinner table on Sunday afternoons. My father, a board member of that church, thought him to be the finest man he ever knew. Jack Rollings his son took over as Pastor after EJ. I knew his kids Karen and Jim. Jim was my age and Karen a couple of years older. There were also two younger daughters IIRC but I can't for the life of me remember their names--Patty may have been one of them. It was decades ago.

Rebecca if you still read on this site it would be great to know who's daughter you are and how everyone is doing.

Mark Chambers
Sandi

Post by Sandi » Mon May 30, 2022 5:39 pm

I just woke from a nap with the chorus going through my mind; what a blessing! I am almost 68 and I was raised Pentecostal. This was a familiar song which we sung frequently during prayer time at the altar as sinners walked down to give their hearts to the Lord. It was written by your precious grandfather whom no doubt was anointed by the Holy Spirit. The song lives on!
G.K

Post by G.K » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:47 am

We usd to sing this at the "Christian's Rendezview" in Central Hall,Liverpool in 1945 when I was ten. Ron Jones was a very accomplied pianist and played it over and over again. I am 87 and still love this song.