on the banks of the river

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 pm

I am looking for a song and think the name of it is "On the Banks of the River."
Some of the words are: Bury me on the banks of the river.....Don't shed a tear for me as I'm leaving, for this is where I wanted to go.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:04 pm

In a room filled with darkness my mother laid and her hair that once was brown now is gray and I can hear her tender voice so softly saying child I'll see you up in heaven some sweet day.

Bury me on the banks of the river where heavenly tears of joy flow. Don't shed a tear for me as I'm leaving, for this is where Ive wanted to go.

She said I've lived here on earth for so long now, now my Jesus will carry me home and there'll not be no more pain in this old body for I'll be in heaven forever more.

Bury me on the banks of the river where heavenly tears of joy flow. Don't shed a tear for me as I'm leaving, for this is where Ive wanted to go.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm

i have been trying to find this song on the internet but no one has it! i heard a band that was big but had made a cd, they sung this song and i just cried ...my grandmother used to sing this when she was doing her chores !!!! do you know of any you tube videos with anyone singing this?????

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:56 am

Marlow Tackett wrote and recorded it and then the SINGING cookes of virginia re recorded it
Tayluh18

Re: on the banks of the river

Post by Tayluh18 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:05 pm

My dad Jimmy Tolson wrote this, marlow tackett stole it then sold it to the singing cooks. My dads now the official writer on it tho