Darkest hour is just before dawn

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Darkest hour is just before dawn

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 pm

A friend asked me to find the song "The Darkest Hour is Just Before the Dawn" I thought I found it and sent her the lyrics, but she said it is not the one. The chorus to the one I found was
"The darkest hour is just before dawn
The narrow way leads home
Lay down your soul at Jesus feet
The darkest hour is just before dawn"

She said the chorus she is looking for is
"The darkest night will pass away
and there will dawn a brighter day
with steadfast hope keep pressing on
The darkest hour is just before the dawn."

Can anyone tell me the lyrics to her song?
Dcole1981

Re: Darkest hour is just before dawn

Post by Dcole1981 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:52 pm

If you are bent beneath the weight of sin and sorrow, sometimes you wonder if it pays to carry on. Then hope reveals the promise of a bright tomorrow, the darkest hour is just before dawn.

Do not the darkness seem to hover up above you. Does Satan try to make you feel oh so all alone . And do you feel there's not a friend on earth who Ioves you, the darkest hour is just before dawn.

The threatening shades of tribulation now are falling. So many souls who once were true now turn away. Will not be long till we shall hear our savior calling. Come home my child, well done he will say

Chorus: the darkest night will pass away and there will dawn a brighter day, for Jesus hears your faintest cry and sees the tears that fall from your (weeping) eyes. When clouds hang low dont ever despair, just remember GOD UP IN HEAVEN ANSWERS PRAYERS. WITH STEADFAST HOPE KEEP PRESSING ON, THE DARKEST HOUR IS JUST BEFORE DAWN.
jenny.wallace

Re: Darkest hour is just before dawn

Post by jenny.wallace » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:13 pm

The Darkest Hour Is Just Before Dawn

-1-

THE SUN IS SLOWLY SINKING
THE DAY IS ALMOST GONE
STILL DARKNESS FALLS ALL AROUND ME
AND WE MUST JOURNEY ON

-CH-

THE DARKEST HOUR IS JUST BEFORE DAWN
THE NARROW WAY LEADS HOME