Hymn lyrics - freely, freely give

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:47 pm

YES IT IS. AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL~
WE ARE A NEW ANGLICAN CHURCH AND LOOKING FOR SOME OF THE MORE FAMILAR HYMNS. I NEED THE MUSIC, LYRICS AND MELODY, TO
WHERE HE LEADS ME...(I WILL FOLLOW).
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:24 am

The hymn, "Where He Leads Me (I will follow)" is in, or used to be in, a lot of hymnals. The Southern Baptist's "Broadman Hymnal" and several later editions all had it.

Here's a link to Cyber Hymnal dot org, where you can view the lyrics and listen to a MIDI score.

http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/w/h/e/wherehlm.htm

They _may_ have a feature where you can get the score for the song, but I don't know.

I pray the Lord's blessings on your efforts! Especially with the Easter season, songs like "I Can Hear My Savior Calling" have a tone very applicable to "passion week" and Easter itself. Think of what our Lord did for us--oh, how we need truly to hear Him calling to us.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:34 pm

If everyone only knew the power in JESUS' name...Thank you for giving me the words to sing this beautiful song.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:50 pm

i started a KIVA team named Freely, freely based on the old hymn in methodist hymnal #389 but am on vacation this month and want to find words and music for it. Can anyone help me? lynn

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:19 pm

I was privileged back in the early 70's to sing in this musical (Come Together) when it was performed at Angelus Temple. The Second Chapter of Acts provided the music. Pat Boone sang the solo on this song, This song was in the key of F any good piano player should be able to work it out.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15 am

I was a teenager when I heard this beautiful Christian tune at church
I remember becoming so emotional the second this tune played that I immediately broke down and wept.
these tears I shed that first night were not of hate, but rather tears of repentance and love for our dear lord Jesus Christ
I thank Carol Owens from the bottom of my heart for writing such a beautiful piece of christian music

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 pm

I remember singing this with my mom in church...
Aiyuna

Re: Hymn lyrics - freely, freely give

Post by Aiyuna » Fri May 20, 2022 7:19 pm

I hope it doesn't get lost in the archives! Keep on singing it, and request it from your song leaders. I always sang it as a chorus with the youth groups, no written music.