Been trying to remember this song for ages

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Timforston

Been trying to remember this song for ages

Post by Timforston » Fri May 27, 2022 7:58 pm

We used to sing it all the time in church when I was a kid, all I can remember is part of the chorus and I can't find anything about it anywhere. What I remember:

When I come, to the banks, to the banks of the river, and I start, to cross over Jordan's chilly foam. I'll reach up and He'll reach down, and I'll never look backwards for my savior will be leading me home.

Any help is appreciated. Driving me crazy.
Timforston

Re: Been trying to remember this song for ages

Post by Timforston » Fri May 27, 2022 11:35 pm

I'm pretty sure the first verse goes like this:

when the time comes for me to cross Jordans river and i face it's current so wide Christ the lord with reach down his hand to lead me till i land on Canaan's fair side
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sat May 28, 2022 12:37 am

Hi Timforston,
Apparently If you have an iPhone you can use an app that lets you sing or hum the tune and can possibly identify it.
In a quick search I found several articles and YouTube instructions on how to do this.
I hope this is helpful. Let us know if you are successful in your search
Nancy
Timforston

Post by Timforston » Sat May 28, 2022 5:12 am

I'm on Android, I've tried searching lyrics every way I can think in Google. Going to try and get in touch with some people I went to church with three states and twenty years ago if I can't find it eventually. Thanks for your info though.