I am looking for the name of a song and who sings it - High in the mountain cliffs an eagle builds

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

I am looking for the name of a song and who sings it - High in the mountain cliffs an eagle builds

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:25 am

Where can I get the music to download just the music to the eagle song?

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 am

Actually Violet Treece wrote the song. I think I would know since she's my grandmother. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:08 pm

I do love this song. A lady in my home church sings it and I was looking for the lyrics. I will say about the "debate" over who wrote the song. I texted the last who sings it at my church and she said her soundtrack also lists Larry Petree and Marcia Henry as the authors. Either you dear folks are mistaken about your grandmother/aunt writing the song or your family has a lawsuit against the make of the soundtrack, Larry, and Marcia because all three are making money on a song they don't own. I'd date to say you just always thought she wrote it because she was the first to record it but you were mistaken. "Marcia Henry and Latter Rain" traveled a lot with Cedar Ridge and even did a project with them. That might explain how Ms. Greece got the song. But, a soundtrack company and tell if the biggest writers in gospel music wouldn't profit from a song they didn't write
Cthdunn

Re: I am looking for the name of a song and who sings it - High in the mountain cliffs an eagle builds

Post by Cthdunn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:15 pm

1g4me wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 pm the songs goes.
High in the mountain cliffs an eagle builds her nest far above this world's evil she lets her babies rest. An just like that eagle my back is to the wall I'll run to the rock of my salvation he'll see me through it all

For if I were an eagle I spread my wings and fly far above this old world tell all my troubles good bye then one day soon I set my feet on the highest mountain peak and look down to the valley below were I used to be

Once I lived in the valley and each day was the same nothing to look forward to only heart ache and pain and then one day I realized there's more to life than this I'll just rise upon the wings of an eagle and see what I have missed

For one day soon I'll take a flight far above this world below And when I hear that trumpet sound I'll be ready to go I'll drop my weight and then I'll rise for all the world to see that I don't need the wings of an eagle when he sets my sprit free