Peace I leave with you my friends

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
kevo214

Post by kevo214 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:11 am

Hey, I'm a student at Penn State and during communion the small choir that shows up to the 9pm mass sings a song "Peace I leave with you, my friends". It's amazing, it's done with a few female and male voices and a piano and I love it. Through searching the forum I was able to figure out the title of this song and the complete lyrics

"Peace I leave with you
My friends, my friends,
For I am with you til the end

Lamb of God You take away
the sins of the world
Have mercy on us
(Repeat)

Lamb of God You take away
the sins of the world
Grant us

Peace I leave with you
my friends, my friends
For I am with you til the end.

via. http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... opic&t=540

now my question is does anyone have a link or artist or album to where I can find a similar upbeat version? The only version I've been able to find are the ominous and very choiree versions that are not uplifting at all - to me at least.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried iTunes and youtube to find it but maybe you'll have better luck.
kevo214

Post by kevo214 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Nobody?

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2009 2:23 am

Try the O'Neill Brother's website

http://www.pianobrothers.com/index.asp
pdorrell

Re: Peace I leave with you my friends

Post by pdorrell » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Do you have the sheet music for this song? Or do you know where to get it? Our choir has been looking for this song and hasn't been able to find it in print. Thanks.
mvpaqua

Re: Peace I leave with you my friends

Post by mvpaqua » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Georgetown University evening Mass choir sings a lovely version of this also. It is so upbeat & joyful! I miss hearing & singing along with it. The song title is “A Sing for Breaking Bread.” There was a youtube video of the Georgetown choir performing it, but the video seems to have been removed. If anyone knows of a link to the song please share. That song is a blessing!