then (or is it when?) a man came to me,said "do you want to be free",and i said "so be"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
BlokroF55

Re: then (or is it when?) a man came to me,said "do you want to be free",and i said "so be"

Post by BlokroF55 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:40 am

Amazing how there were recent requests for this after so long! I too was captivated by this song and so thanks for finding the source. This morning I was praying and asking God if revival could happen again. Immediately I remembered a scripture I had forgotten (1 Kings 18) and the image of the small cloud the size of a man's hand! It was the first small sign but Elijah had to keep praying for the rain to come and it finally did! Revival can happen again folks! Let's pray and not give up! Thanks again for finding the source of this great song!
BlokroF55

Re: then (or is it when?) a man came to me,said "do you want to be free",and i said "so be"

Post by BlokroF55 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:24 pm

Hi Again, I found this link (below). Chuck Girard remembers the band as "Joy Band" at Calvary Chapel but says they were before all the recording got going:- https://www.chuckgirard.com/thoughts-from-chuck.html