Come Morning

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Sherry Craig

Come Morning

Post by Sherry Craig » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:52 pm

I am looking for the lyrics and piano music for "Come Morning". This is an older hymn.
drsweets

Come Morning

Post by drsweets » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:54 pm

Is this the one you are looking for?
- Heather

COME MORNING

verse 1:God's children to long have been burdened they are longing for heavens green shores where heartaches are left far behind them and burdens are carried no more.

Chorus: Come morning I'll walk by the river I'll rest neath the ever green tree so I'll carry my cross through the midnight come morning there's glory for me.

Verse 2: Sometimes I'm despised and rejected and I question oh father how long then I take one more look at Mt. Calvary and it gives me the strength to go on.

Come Morning

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:05 pm

This beautiful song was song by a couple in our church many year ago.Thanks for posting it.God's blessing be upon you and your family.

Come Morning

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:32 am

This song was requested upon me by my aunt. I sang it at my first cousin's funeral. Very sad but warming at the same time...10-13-07
shimaly

Come Morning

Post by shimaly » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:58 pm

i love this song we sing it at church we go to landrum indepent baptist church
revmikemoore

Come Morning

Post by revmikemoore » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Thank you for the lyrics. I recall the Rex Nelon singers recording this song sometime back with in the late 1970's or in the early to mid 1980's. This is doubtless one of the more hope inspiring songs in the vast collection of Southern Gospel genre. I heard the late former governor of Lousianna, Jimmie Davis once comment on this song that it was the nearest song to Peace in the Vally he had heard or sing, he dubbed it half Christian ballad and half spiritual song. He said these two Gospel songs stood alone in their unique composition in reaching the crescendo of dual status as a ballad and a verse of hope at the same time. Thank you again for posting the lyrics! God bless!
songinmyheart

Come Morning

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Here is a recording by Sharon Turner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3pM2J0Mxm8
Vernturner66

Re: Come Morning

Post by Vernturner66 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:56 am

Is this the one you are looking for?
- Heather

COME MORNING

verse 1:God's children to long have been burdened they are longing for heavens green shores where heartaches are left far behind them and burdens are carried no more.

Chorus: Come morning I'll walk by the river I'll rest neath the ever green tree so I'll carry my cross through the midnight come morning there's glory for me.

Verse 2: Sometimes I'm despised and rejected and I question oh father how long then I take one more look at Mt. Calvary and it gives me the strength to go on.