Audrey meri Lyrics

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Audrey meri Lyrics

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:25 am

Regarding Audrey Mieir . . .

She passed away in her home in Irvine in 1996, only a few short months after the death of her beloved husband, Charles. She was buried in Forest Lawn cemetary in West Covina.

I don't know what "group" you are referring to (that later stayed with Jerry Falwell). My family knew her since the early 1920's and she never "toured" with any group. She did direct a number of Mieir Choirs in Southern California as well as putting together impromptu choirs at her many "Sings." She also encouraged a great many groups and artists. She basically retired from public life around 1990, spending her time writing and with friends and family.

Audrey meri Lyrics

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Audrey Meir came to Rex Humbard's Cathedral of Tomorrow in Cyahoga Falls, Ohio ( Akron ) in the late 50's. She accepted the job as musical director there, and directed the choir and sang her music, and also took part in the special programs they had there, such as the all night New Year's eve programs with the likes of guest singers, Stuart Hamblen, Mahalia Jackson and others. Of course there was their own quartet, The Weatherford's, which later became The Cathedrals. Henry Slaughter played for them in the early days before Henry and his wife Hazel gained popularity as a singing duo. It was my great priviledge to sing there for a Sunday morning service, I think in 1959. I too, having been looking for Audrey's music, since mine has, over the years, disappeared. Especially, the song I like and sang quite often was " I Am Persuaded ", which is a beautiful and powerful gospel composition. As far as the Cathedral of Tomorrow, it is still in operation, with pastor Earnest Angely still conducting services there. Of course, Rex Humbard moved to Florida, and is now deceased. Rex was Elvis Presley's pastor, and the one who preached his funeral sermon. I fondly remember the Humbard family singers when they came to a neighboring church in Uhrichsville, Ohio, and seeing and hearing Rex as a 16 year old boy, performing with his family. If I find my old Audrey Meir music, I will post a notification. Incidently, Audrey's stay at the Cathedral was short, as she moved back to California for health reasons. The Ohio weather did not agree with her. Thanks for your site, and blessings to all. Pastor Jim
GloryIsComing

Audrey meri Lyrics

Post by GloryIsComing » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Song Lyrics- To Be Used of God By Audrey Mieir

I've a yearning in my heart that cannot be denied
It's a longing that has never been satisfied
I want this world to know, the one who loves them so
Like a flame its burning deep down inside

Chorus
To be used of God to sing, to speak, to pray
To be used of God to show someone the way
I long so much to feel the touch of His consuming fire
To be used of God is my desire

When I think about the shortness of all these earthly years
I remember all the wasted days all the wasted tears
I long to preach the word to those who have never heard
Of the one who can dispel all I feel

(Source of Lyrics Jimmy Swaggart see below for details)

A performance of the song can be seen on the following website at YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Qvs47Zxeo
Title of video Jimmy Swaggart-To Be Used Of God
loracm8

Re: Audrey meri Lyrics

Post by loracm8 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:57 am

I am looking for a song that i believe Audrey M. wrote by the name "Im his to command". It has wonderful words. I used to sing it awhile back but all my music got lost inthe flood. If someone could tell me about it I would appreciate it. Someone I know would love to hear the words of that song because of what she is going thru.