i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
whiteyowhite

i"m looking for the song three rusted nails so can someone help me find it please.

Post by whiteyowhite » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:51 am

Here are the words for the "song part of Three Rusty Nails"

1 With three rusty nails, they nailed Jesus to the tree
2.Jesus cried forgive them for they know not what they do
3 they laughed as he cried, soldiers pierced his naked side

the sun turned to darkness on that day
for they have strayed so far, far away
and His Father turned his face away

twas the day that Jesus died, and the blood flowed
with three old rusty nails they took Jesus
they drove the nails so deep, spilled His blood and

from His side
precious blood the blood that washed my sins away
made Him weep

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm looking for the same title. But not these this version. I heard a singer and performer one day. Her name is Judy Phyfe, and she composed a song in her own way. I've been trying to locate her sheet music so I also could do this in my church I go to. Please if anyone out there heard it or knows the lyrics please let me know.
joypeg60

Post by joypeg60 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Three Old Rusty Nails

(Verse 1)
He came from Galilee, carpenter by trade,
Came to build His Father's church, on plans, that they had made.
His destinity was calvary, His mission would not fail,
He would build His church, on a rugged cross, and three old rusty nails.

(Chorus).....
This church is still standing, and it will never fall,
Bloodstain it's foundation, and faith put up it walls,
Though the world, may come against it, they will not prevail,
He built, this church, on a rugged cross, and three old rusty nails.

(Verse 2)
Bricks and stones, themselves alone, aren't everything it takes,
To build a church, that will stand so strong, when this old world begins to shake.
A fool may build his building tall, but it will be so frail,
Compared to this church Jesus build, with three old rusty nails.
I know that this church is still standing......(Then rest of chorus)
(Coda)..... Well, He build, this church, on a rugged cross, and three old rusty nails.

Hope this is the song you were looking for.
cfields

Post by cfields » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm looking for the sheet music to the song Three Rusty Nails. The version that goes like this:
With three rusty nail, they nailed Jesus to the tree.
The sun turned to darkness on that dy.
'Twas the day that Jesus died, and the blood flowed from His side.
The blood that washed my sins away.

There are two more verses but that give you the idea. If anyone has the music you can fax to me at 480-907-1420 or email to [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:11 am

to the guest who asked about Judy Phyfe song Three Rusty Nails you can purchase a copy of the song from iTunes for $.99. Just go to their website and do a search

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:25 am

Hi,
I am looking for the song The Three rusty Nails. When I was young (about 9 or so) there was a lady in my church that did that song. I was always and still am overcome with so much sadness of the way my savior died. Yet, I know he had to give his life so that I can go to heaven. I am looking for the complete song and music for this song. Thank you for providing this much.
[This is a story of long ago of a man who owned a little store.
As he would tell it, "I was proud to have my name above the door."
This took place, oh, about two thousand years ago, as I recall,
I was located in Jerusalem, just across the street from Pilate's hall. ]

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm looking for a different version of the song too..
'
One day they nailed a carpenter to a rugged cross
thinking he would never ?????

I think the title is Jesus Built a Bridge, but I can only find a more modern version.. this version was popular about 20 years ago
vanillapdx

Post by vanillapdx » Fri May 02, 2008 8:18 am

My dad recorded this song. He searched for the music for years and one day a little old lady in a church he was singing at, said that she had it at home. She left and returned 2 hours later. He had no idea she lived that far away, but he was so excited to finally have it. It is on his myspace page if you search music for Keith Foster (he's one of the two you'll locate). It was one of his favorite songs. He was killed this last weekend in a car accident. I turned his myspace page into a memorial of him for churches that he ministered to.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi vanillapdx,

Thank you for your very touching and meaningful post.

For the convenience of everyone, here's a link to your Dad's MySpace page:

I enjoyed reading about his remarkable life. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and to those who have been blessed by his ministry.

God bless,
Steve

Post by Guest » Sat May 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Thank You very much God bless you