old stamps baxter hymns

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
lisafw1

old stamps baxter hymns

Post by lisafw1 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm looking for the lyrics to 2 hymns written by my great uncle Oscar Kirkland. They were published by Stamps Baxter and are "He'll forgive if you pray" and "This world cannot compare." I would love to see what he wrote. I'm not even sure which of their publications these are in.
whiteyowhite

old stamps baxter hymns

Post by whiteyowhite » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:22 pm

I HAVE QUITE A FEW STAMPS BAXTER SONGBOOKS, IF YOU COULD POSSIBLY ZERO IN ON A YE AR OR ELIMINATE SOME YEARS, I MUGHT BE ABLE TO HELP

old stamps baxter hymns

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 pm

I have the citations from when they were copyrighted along with all the "Glory Special" hymns, which was a huge copyright effort including a huge lot of hymns. I'll have to check to see if the citaton includes year of first publication. I suspect it was 40's or early 50's but that's not a very narrow search! Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I find anything

old stamps baxter hymns

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:07 pm

i am looking for a copy of the words and music for e.w. suggs
there were 2 songs published in 1945
one is I shall go to jesus some day
and but for the grace of god-this could have been in 1946 or 1947
I am also looking for a humble hearts 1945 song book and a stamps-baxter
publication in 1947 named sunlit way for singing schools , conventions etc.
if someone could just help me find where and if I can purchased these books I would appreciate that.
gospelsinger46

old stamps baxter hymns

Post by gospelsinger46 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:55 am

To Guest, posted 18 Jan 2016:

There is a site: Archive.org, that had digitized many books, check this URL:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Stamps-Baxter

This page lists selected Stamps-Baxter songbooks. Two for 1945 are digitized: "Divine Praise" and "Humble Hearts". "Sunlit Way" is also in this list. Here are the names of the books from 1945 to 1947 for your reference. If you have the name of the book, you can search on their site by name.

"¢ Divine Praise (1945) [reviewed] - none, LGP.
"¢ Living Grace (1945)
"¢ Humble Hearts (1945) [reviewed]
"¢ Jubilee Spirituals (1945)
"¢ Rainbow Rays (1946) [reviewed]
"¢ Shining Path (1946) [reviewed]
"¢ Sentimental Songs (1946) [reviewed]
"¢ Sunlit Way (1947) [reviewed]
"¢ Highest Praise (1947) [reviewed]
"¢ Garden of Melody (1947)
"¢ Harmony Gems (1947)
Those that I have marked "reviewed" are ones that are digitized on this site.
Hope this helps.

old stamps baxter hymns

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:17 pm

I am looking for the Stamps and Baxter song book called Saving Power from 1973. There is a song in there I use to sing when I was little and would love to have it. I have searched everywhere for that book and can not seem to locate one? Would anyone know where I could fine one?
hworkless

Re: old stamps baxter hymns

Post by hworkless » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:54 am

I'm looking for the words/lyrics to the song (A grand reunion)(possibly the shape note music as well) by stamp baxter, and the shape note music to the song "Hope of the ages" also sung by the gaithers