The Word was Made Flesh

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Kiki

The Word was Made Flesh

Post by Kiki » Sat May 25, 2013 10:36 pm

This piece begins with tenors (or perhaps altos in an SSAA choir) singing "the word made made flesh and dwelt among us. We beheld the glory of the father, full of grace ( or strength?) and truth."

It continues, "In him, in him, was life, was life, and his life was the light of man. He came, he came, to his...... (sorry I forget the rest)

This is such a beautiful piece and has stayed in my memory for over 30 years!! I am searching desperately for it so my Church Chancel Choir can sing it one Sunday.

Thank you for any help you can give me! God bless,

Krista (Kiki)

The Word was Made Flesh

Post by Guest » Fri May 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi Kiki,

I'm trying to find the same thing! I sang it in college choir, so I've contacted my director. We'll see if he has an answer for us!
neaolaSpencer

Re: The Word was Made Flesh

Post by neaolaSpencer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:06 pm

I am looking for that same song! I sang that in a choir in high school in Fullerton CA and I've loved it ever since. I think we sang that song in competition. I would be so blessed to hear the soaring beauty of the blending of voices singing that song again.