Page 1 of 1

Homecming day in the sky

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:15 pm
by avalou
does anyone know who sings this

Homecming day in the sky

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:21 pm
by steve
I found a recording on the site of the Heaven Bound Singers of Kentucky:

http://www.heavenboundky.com/OurCds.html

Here are the lyrics.

We have a homecoming down here every year,
We'll meet and we'll talk and shed a few tears;
Then we on and go on our way,
But I'm going to a homecoming where we'll always stay.

What a homecoming day we'll have in the sky,
There we'll meet Jesus and never more die;
We'll lay down our cares, all trouble and strife,
What a homecoming day we'll have in the sky.

Chorus

I walked in the church and there I sat down
A tap on the shoulder turned me around
This little old lady said, "It's good to be here,
But I'll be home with Jesus this time next year".

Chorus

God bless,
Steve