Page 1 of 1
'What is he to you?'
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 am
by Guest
my parents used to sing this as a duet in the 1960's and 70's in the UK. Does anyone know the words or where I could find the music? thanks
'What is he to you?'
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:31 pm
by myrddin
Can't help I'm afraid but I do remember my grandfather, William Myrddin Lewis singing this at evangelism meetings. It was a favourite of mine when I was young and like you I just can't find it anywhere. He made a recording of it I think but that was a very long time ago. Fingers crossed then!
'What is he to you?'
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm
by myrddin
Hi Guest, Jul 2013 10:07. Can hardly believe this but I've just received an mp3 version taken from a very old tape recording of my granddad preaching and singing. It's very poor quality but about 17 minutes in he sings, What is he to you! If you want me to I'll email it to you. My email is
[email protected]
'What is he to you?'
Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:14 pm
by myrddin
Oh, forgot to say. He tells the story of how he found it before it was published. Surely this hymn is up there with How Great Thou Art. Why isn't it known?
'What is he to you?'
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:18 am
by myrddin
Too big to email. I've posted a couple of forgotten gospel gems on You Tube. One of them is of course What is He to You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZeyY0k ... e=youtu.be