Page 1 of 1

Looking for lyrics Memories Of Home By Primitive Quartet

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:49 am
by genb
Looking for lyrics to Memories Of Home by Primitive Quartet

Looking for lyrics Memories Of Home By Primitive Quartet

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:10 am
by songinmyheart
I really enjoyed this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEbiSe94tgk

Oft times I pictured those sweet childhood memories
around the old fireside at home
and the times that I heard my mother praying
asking God for His guidance that we might not roam

And I could feel her prayers (I could feel her prayers)
the times I was straying ( straying from God)
Her prayers kept the light of God on my way
they followed so closely (near to my heart)
I had to surrender (to Jesus my Lord)
thank God someone loved me and took time to pray

Dad taught his children respect for their neighbors
and there's a time to work and to play
and by the way he lived before his family
showed us serving Jesus was the way to live

And I could feel their prayers (I could feel their prayers)
the times I was straying ( straying from God)
Their prayers kept the light of God on my way
they followed so closely (near to my heart)
I had to surrender (to Jesus my Lord)
thank God someone loved me and took time to pray
thank God someone loved me and took time to pray
(Thanks Mom and Dad)

Looking for lyrics Memories Of Home By Primitive Quartet

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:44 pm
by songinmyheart
Just realized while I was singing this,
I transcribed the last line in the second
verse incorrectly it is ...
showed us serving Jesus was the only way