Page 1 of 1

stand by the river

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:59 am
by Guest
won"t you stand by the river and hold my treambling hand

stand by the river

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:33 pm
by steve
Hi Guest,

There are a couple variations of this, but this seems to be

The road's been long, I'm a little bit weary,
Lot of miles behind me, but home's a lot nearer;
I've got one more crossing, it's a long way over,
Won't you stand by the river and wait for me?

(Won't ya) Stand by the river, Lord and hold my trembling hand,
Cradle me sweet Jesus from the cold dark sinking sand;
This is one trip I can't take alone,
I'm kinda anxious to get on home, so,
Stand by the river and wait for me.

You paved a road through the hills and mountains,
In the middle of the desert you placed a fountain;
Now stand by me Jesus, through the cold deep water,
Won't you stand by the river and wait for me.

(Won't ya) Stand by the river, Lord and hold my trembling hand
Cradle me sweet Jesus from the cold dark sinking sand;
This is one trip I can't take alone,
I'm kinda anxious to get on home, so,
Stand by the river and wait for me.

An awesome duet with Dottie Rambo and Dolly Parton is available on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2A1e9fq3M0

Hope it helps. God bless!
Steve