Page 1 of 1
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:41 pm
by dennis barton
An 80 year old friend, Joan, remembers American soldiers singing this hymn, here in England at an American base during the 2nd World War. One of the officers put her on his knee so she could see the Mass better. Joan still plays the piano, so does anyone know where I can find sheet music for this hymn?
With kind regards,
Dennis
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:58 am
by eclectic1
I rise from dreams of time
And an angel guides my feet
To the sacred altar throne
Where Jesus' heart doth beat
Ever pleading day and night
Thou cannot from us part
O veiled and wondrous sight
O love of the Sacred Heart
The lone lamp softly burns
And a gentle silence reigns
Only with a low still voice
The Holy One complains
Ever pleading day and night
Thou cannot from us part
O veiled and wondrous sight
O love of the Sacred Heart
Long, long I've waited here
And though thou heeds not Me
The heart of God's own Son
Beats ever on for thee
Ever pleading day and night
Thou cannot from us part
O veiled and wondrous sight
O love of the Sacred Heart
In the womb of Mary mild
In the cradle of the tree
Heart of pure undying love
You lived and died for me
Ever pleading day and night
Thou cannot from us part
O veiled and wondrous sight
O love of the Sacred Heart
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:48 pm
by Guest
Dear Dennis,
Strangely enough I too am looking for the music for this hymn as my aunt died yesterday and my uncle wants me to sing it at the funeral on Saturday 31st March but no-one seems to have the music!
If you should find it before then I'd really appreciate a copy please?
Yours sincerely,
Anne Marie McAleese ( email address-
[email protected]
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm
by Germanus
Dear Dennis and Anne Marie
I cannot read or wite music, but I do know the tune. We used to sing it during Mass in the early/mid 1950s in Scotland. The words were written in the back of my father's hymn book, which is now long lost.
Germanus
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:50 am
by Guest
Hi Anne Marie
Someone in Australia has asked us for the words to this Hymn.
Our artist Marilla Ness has recorded it on the CD From where I Stand.
You can find more details on her website at
www.marilla.com
Kind regards
David
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:05 pm
by Guest
Hi Folks
I have sheet music for this beautiful old hymn.If anyone needs a copy let me know.
[email protected]
I Rise from Dreams...
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 am
by Guest
Hi Folks
My new email address for a copy of the sheet music is [email]
[email protected].[/email] My apologies for all those who have tried to contact me on the previous email. AndyM