Who is the Artist - Mercy REWROTE MY LIFE

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
eddie46

Post by eddie46 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm

I have a has book titled "The Songs of Mike Murdock as recorded by friends". It has "Mercy Rewrote My Life" printed in the book. It reads words and music Mike Murdock. Copyright 1978 by Win-Way Productions, Inc. Hopefully, this will put the question and answer to rest once and for all,

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Years ago I worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Mike Murdock would come in for lunch and work on writing his songs. We became very close. The day he wrote Mercy Rewrote my Life he was there in the store. I walked over and asked him if he needed anything. He replied yes listen to this new song and give me your thoughts...As he began to quietly sing the song I fell into a trance, it was so beautiful. I will never forget that day and continued to see him occasionally for a time. For a while he stored his white grande piano in my home. My daughter
Shawna learned to play on the piano. It was a blessing. Time went on and he retrieved the piano and we lost touch but I will never forget his passion for lif and his love of the Lord. He was not a man without trials and tribulations but he trucked on to become one of the most influential men to serve the Lord. And yes Mike Murdock wrote the song Mercy Rewrote my Life not Jimmy Swaggart.
Linda Smith-Johnson-Mueller

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:13 am

Mercy Rewrote my life was not written by Jimmy Swaggart, as a matter of fact, Jimmy Swaggart has not written one of his own songs.
This beautiful song was indeed written by Dr Mike Murdock. He also wrote Jesus just the mention of your name and many other songs.
Dr Murdock is the founder of The Wisdom Center in Texas
JESUS is my Savior

Re: Who is the Artist - Mercy REWROTE MY LIFE

Post by JESUS is my Savior » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 pm

I know for a fact that Mike Murdoock wrote Mercy Rewrote My Life. He wrote the chorus during the altar service of a revival at Oak Cliff Assembly of God Church in Dallas, TX. It was on a Thursday night. He taught it to the youth at a CA rally the next night. I was there. He probably wrote the verses at KFC though.
judetta1953

Re: Who is the Artist - Mercy REWROTE MY LIFE

Post by judetta1953 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:40 am

eddie46 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm I have a has book titled "The Songs of Mike Murdock as recorded by friends". It has "Mercy Rewrote My Life" printed in the book. It reads words and music Mike Murdock. Copyright 1978 by Win-Way Productions, Inc. Hopefully, this will put the question and answer to rest once and for all,
Do you still have the songbook: "The Songs of Mike Murdock as recorded by friends"? I have been looking for this book for quite a while. It also has the song for which I am eager to obtain the music. If you have it, would you be willing to sell it or send me a copy of the song "Lord Paint My Mind"?