He's The Carpenter's Son - ISO Author

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
BKM84

He's The Carpenter's Son - ISO Author

Post by BKM84 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:34 am

I'm looking to find out who wrote an old hymn my mom used to sing. I believe the title is "He's The Carpenter's Son" but I'm not sure if that is correct. The first verse and chorus are below. If anyone can help me track down the author of this song I would be forever grateful.

Oh come all ye brethren and listen to what I say
He was just a carpenter's son a passing by this way
He sent me here to tell you that he love's you all
and he'll take care of that building when it begins to fall

He's got time to fix the building, he's got time to fix the floor
in him there a true foundation that will last for ever more
He's got time to oil the hinges, he can mend the window pane
He's the world's greatest builder and Jesus is his name.
BKM84

Re: He's The Carpenter's Son - ISO Author

Post by BKM84 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello All,
I was able to get in touch with my Aunt and she said this is a song she and my mom used to sing as kids. She doesn't know the author so any help would be appreciated.
[email protected]

Re: He's The Carpenter's Son - ISO Author

Post by [email protected] » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:18 pm

I realize this is an old post, but I know this song. I sang it when I saw the lyrics in your post.

I think it was a quartet song. I can definitely remember (and sing) the bass part. I thought the Blackwood Brothers recorded it, but they made over 100 albums, and I can't find a complete song list.

I have been looking around on the Internet, and I can't find a single reference to it (other than yours).

I am still poking around. I'll let you know if I find anything.