Old hymn my nana used to sing - she was sister Sarah up in timberland

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
jenniferclark

Old hymn my nana used to sing - she was sister Sarah up in timberland

Post by jenniferclark » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:31 pm

First spoken part “she was sister Sarah up in timberland just like the wife of old Abraham, In Bible days little Isaacs ma, but some of the men didn’t like her at all.” There’s more here I don’t remember.

Then it goes into singing “Not my will but thine be done, lead me in the footsteps of thy son. Let me know what you want me to do, and I will follow you.”
jenniferclark

Re: Old hymn my nana used to sing

Post by jenniferclark » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:34 pm

I have a video of me singing but I can’t seem to upload it!?

But I was just able to upload it to imgur (an image sharing site).
https://imgur.com/a/l3QSAAr

It’s just a black video. Make sure it’s unmuted. And it’s my voice singing this song.
Asgard221

Re: Old hymn my nana used to sing - she was sister Sarah up in timberland

Post by Asgard221 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:21 pm

Did you every find the lyrics to the song? I loved the song when I was young. But all I can remember is:

She was Sister Sarah from up in timberland, just like the wife of old Abraham, from bible days, little Isaac's ma, but some of the men didn't like her at all.
The old timers said that never heard of a women going around preaching the word, but Sister Sarah never said a thing, she just went on preaching and she liked to sing.
It's not my will but thine be done, lead me in the footsteps of the son, let me know what you want me to do and I will follow, follow you.

That is all I can remember from it. But if you did get the full lyrics, would you share them with me.